Fuel Surcharge

Robjame

La Lido Loca (vlog) has reported that a $12 a day fuel surcharge was added to his onboard account. He said he was not told that this would be the case. 

How do you feel about that?

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

La Lido Loca (vlog) has reported that a $12 a day fuel surcharge was added to his onboard account. He said he was not told that this would be the case. 

If you go to their website, “What’s Not Included” it states fuel surcharge of $12 per day pp.

This Should be spelled out in the booking process because this could add almost $50 for a couple, to what I feel is over priced to begin with.

In my experience, this has only been done when fuel prices were unusually high, not all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

Other bloggers have mentioned this as well...he is not the first.

For someone who claims to be on top of it all, he should have known about it already.

I am looking forward to his full review as he seems to have enjoyed himself.

I think @ALWAYS CRUZIN mentioned it in his review also.

In my prior post about the 2/1 I have added in my price comparison.

Is it a nickel and dime charge, you bet.

Just like charging for pizza and other food at the 5 o'clock Somewhere Bar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/6/2022 at 7:38 AM, Robjame said:

All the cruise lines have in the contract a fuel surcharge that can be added if fuel prices reach a certain level.  We have been at that level for a while now but most lines have not charged it yet.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 12:01 PM, Liljo22 said:

All the cruise lines have in the contract a fuel surcharge that can be added if fuel prices reach a certain level.  We have been at that level for a while now but most lines have not charged it yet.  

That's because the Florida Attorney General went after cruiselines years ago over these surcharges.  I don't believe they can legally be added, yet MAS does it and no other cruise line does.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 1:37 PM, LMaxwell said:

That's because the Florida Attorney General went after cruiselines years ago over these surcharges.  I don't believe they can legally be added, yet MAS does it and no other cruise line does.  

No, what the legal issue was that the cruise lines were charging it to passengers who had fully paid for the cruise, before the surcharge was initiated.  So, there can be no retroactive charge, but the fuel surcharge is legal, just as it is in the airline, rail, and trucking industries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1