Pre-Cruise Covid Test

Flgreg

Received from Regent via email:

Dear Luxury Traveler,

I write to you today to share an important update regarding our pre-cruise COVID-19 testing policy.

Beginning on August 1, 2022, we will no longer require our guests to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result prior to embarkation, subject to local regulations.

There are a small number of cruises — including certain voyages that begin in Canada, Greece and the United States — where guests may still be required to produce evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result within a specified timeframe upon embarkation. These requirements will be highlighted for the guests on those voyages at least 30 days prior to sailing.

As always, your health and well-being, as well as that of our crew and the communities we visit remains at the forefront of providing you with an unrivaled experience. This important change to our pre-cruise COVID-19 testing policy is in line with the broader global travel industry as we all continue to adapt and return to a sense of normalcy.

If you would like more information about this or any of our other health and safety policies, please visit our SailSAFE Health and Safety Program resource page.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

• Like 1

What if you tested positive yesterday and your cruise date is two weeks later? Chances are the test may still be positive during boarding. Will the person still be allowed to board the ship if the original Covid positive test is two weeks old?

2 hours ago, AlandaR said:

What if you tested positive yesterday and your cruise date is two weeks later? Chances are the test may still be positive during boarding. Will the person still be allowed to board the ship if the original Covid positive test is two weeks old?

My understanding is that if you get a fit to travel / recovery letter from a doctor you don’t have to test prior to boarding. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 7:49 AM, bobmcm said:

And we are going on the Voyager on July 30!  So we still need to get the test!!

We are on that cruise and the precruise. If you are doing the precruise they will test us the day before the cruise. Their expense. 

Just to report back on using Inspire for pre-cruise testing via Zoom.

I was very impressed. Took 15 minutes total. They walk you through every step. I had made an error on my cruise buddy's birthdate when I registered her and it was caught and corrected immediately. Verification of results email was very thorough and the call didn't end until all info was verified by the Proctor and by us.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:15 PM, Avidtravler said:

Is it true that all Caribbean cruises this winter and into next year, at this point in time, Miami to Miami, still require pre boarding [cover] testing?

Until Norwegian eliminates the requirement, it's true. To my (two-day-old) knowledge only Virgin Voyages has eliminated the testing requirement for US cruises so far. I'm sure it won't be long before other cruise lines follow suit.