Cheers - what is the biggest mistake you made using the package?

Woody14

Not hydrating enough.  I don't recover like I once did and a few days of daily drinking will cumulatively catch up to me if I don't drink enough water and PowerAde's.  Nothing can ruin a day of relaxed drinking like a persistent dehydration headache.

• Like 3

Biggest mistake -

Forgetting that the drink package allowed for a lot of specialty drinks in the morning.  (And I'm a morning person.)  It took me a couple of days to remember that I could get a fancy coffee (non-spiked or spiked) or a bottled flavored tea or an energy drink. 

Don't forget the milkshakes, if that is still an option on Carnival.

• Like 5

If I'm getting a glass of wine, go to the steakhouse bar where they have the more expensive wines.

And I usually order water bottles for the cabin, but have to remind myself not to buy them when I do cheers because you can ask for a bottle with each drink.  Had quite the supply going in my cabin lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'm an old school all day drinker, I hit my limit most days and then help my wife with her 15. 
Pace yourself the first 2 days, start early, finish late. 
They have plenty of hydration options to help with the pacing.
Coco Water is included, order 1 every hour or so when you grab a drink, slam it at the bar.

Take Propel to you cabin, drink it before bed.

• Like 2

ALWAYS upgrade to the premium liquor. If you get a gin martini make sure its the highest quality one, not the well booze so specify a Bombay Sapphire martini, or the gin/vodka of your choice. We became the Grey Goose screwdriver people at the Red Frog every morning. Getting to know the bartenders and tipping them well leads to heavier pours in some cases, not all. 

• Like 2

Yes, be sure to get the premium liquor when ordering.  Big difference!

Avoid drinks of the day-- they are pre-made with various cheap liquors. Hangover in a cup.

Pace yourself.

Drink water!! Grab a bottle before turning in at night, especially if you take morning meds. 

Try something new. 

Get a Miami Vice made with Grey Goose instead of rum for dessert at least once. 😁

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 12:18 PM, cruisin*tigger said:

If I'm getting a glass of wine, go to the steakhouse bar where they have the more expensive wines.

And I usually order water bottles for the cabin, but have to remind myself not to buy them when I do cheers because you can ask for a bottle with each drink.  Had quite the supply going in my cabin lol.

Getting back on Carnival for the first time in a long time on Monday. Read all up on Cheers! but now I'm confused… do bottled waters not count towards your 15 drink limit? Or sodas/teas? Only alcoholic?

Last couple of sails have been Royal & Celebrity so I’m not accustomed to the counting (though I don’t think hitting 15 will be a problem… if I paid for it, I’m gonna give it the ole college try!)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lori8481 said:

Getting back on Carnival for the first time in a long time on Monday. Read all up on Cheers! but now I'm confused… do bottled waters not count towards your 15 drink limit? Or sodas/teas? Only alcoholic?

Only alcohol drinks count towards the 15 drink limit.

• Like 3