One more time… LIVE from the Carnival Liberty 7/11/22

MeganGC1983

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

MeganGC1983 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hey friends! It’s been a busy 12 days since we disembarked the Carnival Ecstasy, but in my Lizzo voice, “it’s about d@m time” for a proper live with Cheers! and adult time! 
Join me as I sail the Carnival Liberty next week for 4 nights as we sail to Nassau and Princess Cays with the best bar staff in the fleet. DJ Lindy Legends will make some appearances, along with Cruise Director Dustin (back from his vacation), and they have new entertainment (the last cast went home July 4th). 
So wash your party pants, stock up on liquid IV, and let’s send my favorite bartenders home from this contract the right way! 

• Like 23

If you’re new to my reviews, welcome! We’ve sailed the Carnival Liberty several times this year starting with a southern ABC cruise when she took the place of the Horizon in January. It was so much fun, and we made great friends with the Red Frog rum bar bartenders: Teodoro, Aris, and I Nyoman. 
Then we returned at the end of March for a B2B and made even more friends with Emmanuel, Alberto and Roque. Their contracts are up around the end of July, so we decided to do it ONE MORE TIME. 
We’ve never been to Princess Cays, and we can always find something fun to do in Nassau, so why not?! 

208C8306-05B3-4DD5-8F1D-54BA0264FF4F.jpeg

F124206F-764A-4C28-9A71-D8A9187E8BD6.jpeg

D686C552-7E76-4B44-A152-6D672D182A8F.jpeg

7C8BFD47-F1E4-46D4-BEB7-3C1FB00EABE1.jpeg

4102FF30-6169-41EC-920B-6CDA029CD4C9.jpeg

• Like 11

Travel plans: the plan is to fly out of Dallas on Southwest Sunday evening to Orlando, but if you haven’t heard, there’s been quite a mess with flights lately. There’s exactly 9 other flights after our’s is scheduled to take off that can get us to the cruise before we will miss it. And there’s always options from DFW, so I’m optimistic we will make it. I prefer to fly out of Dallas Love Field and on Southwest for the 2 free bags and of course, Cantina Laredo margaritas! 
I’m also really excited to fly without a mask. It’s been so long since my face flew naked. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Our shuttle situation worked well last time, so if isn’t broke, don’t fix it. 
We will stay, this time, at the Courtyard Marriott Orlando Airport. They have 24 hour shuttle service to and from MCO. Monday morning, we will shuttle back to the airport to join a 9am Airport Canaveral Shuttle to Port Canaveral. I do have to note that they changed their prices since March. Last time, it cost $15 per person each way. This time, $20 per person plus a $4 fuel charge. What can ya do?! 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Hey friends! It’s been a busy 12 days since we disembarked the Carnival Ecstasy, but in my Lizzo voice, “it’s about d@m time” for a proper live with Cheers! and adult time! 
Join me as I sail the Carnival Liberty next week for 4 nights as we sail to Nassau and Princess Cays with the best bar staff in the fleet. DJ Lindy Legends will make some appearances, along with Cruise Director Dustin (back from his vacation), and they have new entertainment (the last cast went home July 4th). 
So wash your party pants, stock up on liquid IV, and let’s send my favorite bartenders home from this contract the right way! 

Megan's coming out tonight!  She's coming out! Allright! 

That's the only Lizzo I know. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cruisehappyinJune said:

Just booked this cruise today! Bringing along my mom and 20 yo daughter. This will be my 3rd Liberty cruise since February and we are so excited! Your previous trip reviews were so much fun and if I see you I’m definitely saying hi! 

Please do! Can’t wait! 

So this afternoon, I was thinking about @Jamman54 and how he thinks it’s ridiculous to fly in for a short 4 night cruise. 😆😉 So I thought “hmm let me check and see if the next sailing has our cabin available”… well the July 15th sailing is sold out, but the July 8th sailing had availability and it goes to BIMINI! We love Bimini, so booked it. Now we will fly in on Friday morning non-stop from Dallas. There was not a price change. I’m a little nervous about flying the morning of, but let’s wing it. Cheers! and internets paid for with the new sailing. Only thing I have to figure out is the shuttle to the port. The last Airport Canaveral shuttle leaves at 10:30am and with checked bags and a flight that lands at 10:15, we won’t make that. Hopefully they will refund us and we can just Uber. That’s my plan. I emailed and called them. No one answered, so I’ll get on that tomorrow. 
We are still getting Covid tested at Walgreens. Our insurance covers the cost of the test. It was scheduled for Saturday. Now moved to tomorrow at 11am. If for some reason they want to charge us, we will leave and test with the OnPoint testing. I all ready have tests, just in case. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

f for some reason they want to charge us, we will leave and test with the OnPoint testing. I all ready have tests, just in case. 

Have you used OnPoint testing? I’ve heard of it, but never heard of anyone who has actually used it. 

Tomorrow, I have to rally the supplies for the crew. I’ve asked all my favorites if they need/want us to bring them anything. Teo said nothing and then said anything. Aris collects magnets and has shown us his refrigerator at home that is covered. He says before he comes on contract he hides all his favorites so they don’t get taken. 😆 So he, of course, asked for an Oklahoma magnet. And I Nyoman said nothing but Aris told me he secretly wants Pringles but is too shy to say so. Pringles it is!! I’m still waiting to hear back from a few. 

• Like 6

When you last minute book a B2B, and nothing is ready, and you are flying in the morning of the cruise, and you’re nervously excited… you have white claw. 
I just gotta get packed, test negative and have everything go according to plan. 😆

F6A131F7-CE20-418D-8CB8-5D6A5BD8D233.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So this afternoon, I was thinking about @Jamman54 and how he thinks it’s ridiculous to fly in for a short 4 night cruise. 😆😉 So I thought “hmm let me check and see if the next sailing has our cabin available”… well the July 15th sailing is sold out, but the July 8th sailing had availability and it goes to BIMINI! We love Bimini, so booked it. Now we will fly in on Friday morning non-stop from Dallas. There was not a price change. I’m a little nervous about flying the morning of, but let’s wing it. Cheers! and internets paid for with the new sailing. Only thing I have to figure out is the shuttle to the port. The last Airport Canaveral shuttle leaves at 10:30am and with checked bags and a flight that lands at 10:15, we won’t make that. Hopefully they will refund us and we can just Uber. That’s my plan. I emailed and called them. No one answered, so I’ll get on that tomorrow. 
We are still getting Covid tested at Walgreens. Our insurance covers the cost of the test. It was scheduled for Saturday. Now moved to tomorrow at 11am. If for some reason they want to charge us, we will leave and test with the OnPoint testing. I all ready have tests, just in case. 

Way to go Megan. You made me proud! 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8