One more time… LIVE from the Carnival Liberty 7/11/22

MeganGC1983

9 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I also grossly miscalculated the availability of flip flops. I’ve been to 3 stores with no luck. Shoulda Amazon-ed it. 

A lot of times those things are seasonal and it is just early July.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I need to figure out how you're getting all these free weeks. I'm almost to 2 free days. Not 2 free weeks. 2 free days.

I think I see part of it. I think you park at the DAL lot since you fly out of Love Field. Their point redemption rate for a free day is lower than DFW North. I have enough points for three free days at DAL.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And that's the sale rate. I've been watching it for August. I has been like $18/day. The sale has it at $11. I may go back to the South if North is going to charge almost twice as much. I need to figure out how you're getting all these free weeks. I'm almost to 2 free days. Not 2 free weeks. 2 free days.

Wow! I’m almost at a full week. And yeah, the price is dumb. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Wow! I’m almost at a full week. And yeah, the price is dumb. 

And didn't you just cash in a free week earlier this year?  Now I've only been parking at the Parking Spot for a little over a year. But I don't think you've parked there THAT much more than me since the last time you had a free week.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

Just now, Saint Greg said:

And didn't you just cash in a free week earlier this year? Now I've only been parking at the Parking Spot for a little over a year. But I don't think you've parked there THAT much more than me since the last time you had a free week.

No, I almost used the free credit we have, but opted to wait. I did learn that the points aren’t fluid between locations. So if you park at North, your free time is only at north. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

No, I almost used the free credit we have, but opted to wait. I did learn that the points aren’t fluid between locations. So if you park at North, your free time is only at north. 

Oh really. Now that makes a difference because I've parked at three different locations. That means my parking at the Houston Parking Spot last year probably didn't help me at all.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, peteandpris said:

Yes! Yes! Yes! Back to Back is the only way to go. Yay. Thank you.

I’m starting to feel that way. All my friends say “why don’t you just live on a cruise ship!?” I’m trying to get there. LOL

• Like 10

23 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Hey friends! It’s been a busy 12 days since we disembarked the Carnival Ecstasy, but in my Lizzo voice, “it’s about d@m time” for a proper live with Cheers! and adult time! 
Join me as I sail the Carnival Liberty next week for 4 nights as we sail to Nassau and Princess Cays with the best bar staff in the fleet. DJ Lindy Legends will make some appearances, along with Cruise Director Dustin (back from his vacation), and they have new entertainment (the last cast went home July 4th). 
So wash your party pants, stock up on liquid IV, and let’s send my favorite bartenders home from this contract the right way! 

Woohoo!!! Take me with you........

21 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Beep beep beep beep beep We interrupt this LIVE for LIVE BREAKING NEWS…

I just made it a B2B. I’m changing the travel plans now. I’ll update with the new info tonight. 

Well that escalated quickly......

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Kids have been dropped off at Meme’s. Lots of hugs given. Lots of requests for pictures of ice cream cones and Guy’s Burgers and of course stuffed animals. 🤦🏼‍♀️ We might be single handedly keeping the Caribbean stuffed animal empire afloat. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Beep beep beep beep beep We interrupt this LIVE for LIVE BREAKING NEWS…

I just made it a B2B. I’m changing the travel plans now. I’ll update with the new info tonight. 

I’d officially hate you right now now if we weren’t wrapping two weeks in Hawaii. And Carnival keeps sending deals, and I’ve still got flight credits and companion pass…friend just booked a Norway cruise for next year (that I really wanna do!)   Yay to B2B!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, luvcruzing said:

Megan, my head is spinning with all the last-minute things you’re accomplishing - and I know you’re not done yet, while also keeping us in the loop.  You go, girl!  

Not gonna lie, it’s a little stressful, but I gotta take care of my people. The biggest stressor is flying in the day of. I said I’d never do this, but I’m doing it for the adventure and for another B2B. 😆

• Like 7

Well, the first issue of the trip has happened. Stopped by our “local” truck stop and they didn’t have a single magnet. We have 2 back up options on the trip down. And there’s always Buccee’s. Buccee’s is NOT in Oklahoma, but sometimes you take what you can get. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3