Captain’s Club points?

Dolebludger

I am receiving emails about the Captain’s Club, giving me things to do that will earn me points. I’m am apparently a member of this Club after two cruises, but I have no points apparently. I don’t understand the benefits of this club, and of the points, and whether I would benefit as I plan to (and have) cruised in the Retreat. School me please.

Edited by Dolebludger

If you have already cruised in the  you have a certain number of Captains Club points. The whole Captains Club program is clearly explained on the Celebrity website.  You accrue points based on how many night you sail and in what category of room.

Did you join the captain's Club after your first cruise?  They will give you a member number.  If you are a member you should get points for your cruises.  If both your cruises were in suites, you should get at least 8 points/day (more if it is a higher class suite) and that would put you in Classic, maybe in Select depending on the length of your cruises.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/captains-club

As said above, you could accrue points based on nights sailed and category of your room. More points for suites, not so much for Aqua and Concierge, fewer still for veranda or Inside.

The website has a button that takes you to a full explanation of the Captain’s Club and a table that details the benefits available at different levels.

Contact Celebrity, ask to join. They give you a club membership number. Give them the reservation numbers from your past cruises, they will credit those points to your club account.

Yes It is definitely "worth it" to be a Captains Club member and it costs you nothing and takes no effort after signing up.  The E mails you are getting are probably from the power points program which started as a way to earn (slowly) points during the shutdown.  It is an optional program and mainly benefits those who are close to earning a new status level in the club.