Another Dining Reservation question

Pegct

Will be sailing the Mediterranean Odessy at the end of September. There are six couples sailing together who booked 2 different cabin(DV 6 and V 2) categories. I have a few questions regarding dinner reservations.

1) When you make dining room reservations prior to embarkation can you only reserve for 2 people in your cabin or make it for 4 to include passengers  booked in a lower category.  Will be sailing in DV 6 category but my sailing buddies in V1 or V2 and we would like to eat together especially the specialty restaurants. 

2) Does Viking Ocean cruises have large tables that can seat 12 individuals in main restaurants or should we just reserve two tables close by that can accommodate 6? 

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Pegct said:

Will be sailing the Mediterranean Odessy at the end of September. There are six couples sailing together who booked 2 different cabin(DV 6 and V 2) categories. I have a few questions regarding dinner reservations.

1) When you make dining room reservations prior to embarkation can you only reserve for 2 people in your cabin or make it for 4 to include passengers  booked in a lower category.  Will be sailing in DV 6 category but my sailing buddies in V1 or V2 and we would like to eat together especially the specialty restaurants. 

2) Does Viking Ocean cruises have large tables that can seat 12 individuals in main restaurants or should we just reserve two tables close by that can accommodate 6? 

Thank you!

People in V 1 or V 2 cannot make any advance reservations at all.  Not even through someone with a higher cabin category.  Both Manfredi's and Chef's Table have private dining rooms that seat 10 to 12 and may be reserved when on board.  Go first day of the cruise to inquire.  Aft in The Restaurant are large round tables but I don't think they seat 12.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Reserve the private dining rooms once you are on board, as  per Tayana post above. 

We  reserved  an evening  for a group of us from our roll call  in private dining room  next to Manfredi. It was a fabulous  evening with great service. we ordered off the Manfredi's menu.  

• Like 1

I suggest you call Viking (the number is in MVJ) after the time that your cabin category can book dining reservations and arrange the private dining room.  That is what we have done,  The specialty dining room doesn't have any tables for a party larger than 6.  They can probably put some 2- and 4-tops together, but the private room for a party of 8-12 is much better.  Hope that helps.

Tim

Here is a picture of us sitting at the largest table in the Restaurant. It appears to have been set for 8 but I bet they could fit 12 people as we were seated at a shared table for 8 one time at one of the two smaller tables either side of this center one. image.thumb.jpeg.52603fc6ea2befdc8085f7532e4e4a58.jpeg

When we were on the B2B2B last winter, Viking planned an evening for those of us who had gotten on in Barcelona and were continuing on in Buenos Aires to Santiago.  As I remember, there were 24 of us and they broke us up into the 2 dining rooms that were available, and we all ate off the Manfredi’s menu.  It was a very nice evening.