group reservations

Auntk4

I booked a group reservation with cruise line. Received quote. Transfered to TA. I'm finding the TA is booking the current rate one category up with current promo and not getting rate based on the group rate I received. I understand upsell and add ons like insurance, but we are getting the same rate as if we booked ourselves. I still have not received my invoice from booking change last week. When I questioned pricing among other things, they gave me answers, only to find on cruise website fine print that contradicts their answers. This is my first time booking group and using a non online TA. Can I transfer back to cruise line. Play the game of not taking them at their word double checking everything and correcting.  Does 8 cabins or 16 ppl qualify as group? So frustrated. 

So are you saying that you got a group quote from the cruise line, but didn’t actually book then.  Rather took the quote to a TA who booked the cruise?  And the TA is making up her own group fare?  I’m confused…. EM

Group rates can vary by cruise line as to how many cabins/pax  qualify for  a group rate

Did you check with the TA to make sure  she understood you had a group rate ?? before transferring the booking?

You should get everything in writing before hand

• Like 1

As in everything else, travel agents vary in expertise and ability.  People can't just trust that they know what they're doing, or that they will do the best thing for the client.  I would never use a TA ... but we became friends first on a travel forum, then she booked a very simple cruise for us and did an amazing job with upgrades and freebies.  It's difficult to find someone who is as detail-oriented as yourself ... but better to stay in control than have a TA mess everything up.  And don't get me started on the 'online booking services' who call themselves TAs but are just order takers ... who get it wrong half the time.