Safe size

Can anyone tell me how big the interior of the safe inside the escape cabin is. I need to bring my tablet and want to lock it inside the safe when I am off the ship.

Thank you.

Edited by Georgigirl13

Looking at this cabin tour video (shown around the 2:30 mark) it seems to be a common size to the Joy and Bliss.  I've been on those ships, my Samsung Tab S7 JUST fits in it.

I believe it is but will depend on what else you want to put in. My DW iPad had to go in first then everything else. A pain when having to take it out. We usually put our iPads in amongst clothes. Never had an issue. Usually keep the safe for passports, money , jewelry etc.

• Like 1

OP, welcome to CC and 1st post. 

Just my thoughts on tablet/iPad security, DW brings her full size iPad but I rather take my smaller Mini 5 (yes, it surely fit) - with 6 digits passcode & Touch ID and other biometric measures, there's no need to secure that as long as it is out of sight for someone passing by to grab & run with it while the cabin door is popped open by housekeeping with steward servicing it.  Crew members with access aren't likely to risk their career & job by seizing something that they know are practically useless aside as paperweight, if caught with sticky fingers.  

Just relax & chill out - keep other "valuables" inside like passports, travel docs & alike ... wear my classic SS Air King as good old analog time piece is reliable, once set to ship/port time - newer NCL ships have the tiny safe, unlike the older mid-size ships.  It's rare and seldom to read/learn about someone having their tablet, iPad or digital device taken/stolen or disappear, aside from partially being careless.  We just put them away on a shelf, sometimes underneath a pile of clothes or in the rollerboard.  

There are other effective security measures to secure the "contents" inside those devices, "Find My" tracking, encryptions and private folder, etc. - if those aren't enabled and properly use, locking it up in a safe that's easily popped open by someone with the know how.