Now that cruising has restarted, can OBC still be used for daily gratuities?

mpk

I'm new to Celebrity, please pardon my dopey question.  There's a promo offering $400 OBC.  Not sure if it makes a difference, but unsure if it is Celebrity OBC, or Travel Agent OBC.  Will daily gratuities get paid from OBC?   Will I see occur daily on my onboard account as grats get charged?

Here's an old thread from 2018, prepandemic, that was incorrectly titled.  The thread's overwhelming opinion in the thread is that you can use OBC for daily service charges / gratuities.  They say it can be seen on a daily basis in your account consuming OBC.

My question is-  has anything changed since the restart?  Is it still the same?

Edited by mpk

Yes, if you have not pre-paid gratuities through your original booking which may include them.

If you have a cruise only fare, yes the gratuities will be charged to your account which will reduce the OBC automatically.

bon voyage

10 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, if you have not pre-paid gratuities through your original booking which may include them.

If you have a cruise only fare, yes the gratuities will be charged to your account which will reduce the OBC automatically.

bon voyage

And if you have pre-paid gratuities, you can also use it for additional gratuities by filling out a form available at Guest Services.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Daily gratuities if not included with your fare are charged on a daily basis to your room account.   They first use your NR OBC and if used up the go to RF OBC and if that is depleted to your Credit Card.

As others say you can also go to the front desk and ask for a Extra Gratuity Card to specify additional tips if you choose.