NCL Air - Passport Info

CupKayke

Another NCL Air question... but we are new to NCL and I did not see this question asked yet.   Three days ago we booked our first NCL cruise.  We will be cruising in South America next year.   We got the "one passenger gets free air" deal.   The odd thing is... they never asked for our Passport Information.  They have our names, dates of birth, and our address.  No other information.  How can they possibly book international flights without this information?

Also, based on what I'm reading here... we can expect to get our flight details about 30 days out??

Thank you for any replies.  Looking forward to checking out NCL.  I have thought for a few years now that they might be the perfect match for us but we shall see...

-Kay

Edited by CupKayke

Hi Kay, we booked using NCL air for the first time, and they contacted us about a month before final payment was due to verify that the names on our passports matched exactly what they had in their records. When issuing flight tickets, all that is required is the passengers' names - no other passport info, but the names must match exactly. The airline will check your passport when you check in.

• Like 3

Thank you for the above information.  I appreciate it. 

I decided to read the terms for the NCL air very closely and it just won't work with my personality.  I called them and cancelled the air portion of our cruise.  We will vacation better if I can plan our own hotels and flights several months in advance.  

• Like 1

you will be asked for your passport information when its time to check in on line for the cruise itself. 

you'll probably be asked for your passport info at the airport. we took a cruise from athens this past april. usually, i like to get the boarding passes when you can (24 hrs prior to your flight) 

even with the passport info, delta would not allow me to check in for the flight  on line, but when we got to the airport all went smoothly

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

you will be asked for your passport information when its time to check in on line for the cruise itself. 

you'll probably be asked for your passport info at the airport. we took a cruise from athens this past april. usually, i like to get the boarding passes when you can (24 hrs prior to your flight) 

even with the passport info, delta would not allow me to check in for the flight  on line, but when we got to the airport all went smoothly

Apparently you can't check in online for International flights - I've run into that a couple of times recently.  United has it set up that you can send a picture of your passport so you can get checked in and didn't need the actual passport at the airport.  But getting the image just right did take a bit of effort.

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

Apparently you can't check in online for International flights - I've run into that a couple of times recently.  United has it set up that you can send a picture of your passport so you can get checked in and didn't need the actual passport at the airport.  But getting the image just right did take a bit of effort.

You absolutely can check in online for international flights. It entirely depends on the airline.  I work for an airline and travel on my own airline and British Airways regularly and always check in online.