Any chance 3 day Key West/CocoCay itineraries?

For those more in the know of things; do you think there is any chance of weekend itineraries in the future that include Key West and CocoCay? We love a day at CocoCay; it's the best private cruise line stop in the Bahamas. We also love being in Key West for a day; find it far superior to Nassau. If saw it offered would book it a few times a year as a getaway weekend. Have they ever tried this; do you think they could/would try this? Who else would like to go to Key West over Nassau? If this is offered somewhere already (or any Bahamas beach stop + Key West on a 3 day) let me know 👍

4 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I'm not in the know, but a weekend booze cruise does not interest me at all.

I mean...no one would force you to book one? 

Or maybe we would...it's a whole new world. Standby for your confirmation number...

• Haha 4

Has rcl returned to stopping in key west since they voted no to cruiseships. Has florida overridden it so to negate the local vote. Where does this stand. 

I know the city council has also now voted no in addition to it being voted no on the ballot. Wasnt aware the govt of Florida won and rcl can go back. 

Edited by firefly333

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Has rcl returned to stopping in key west since they voted no to cruiseships. Has florida overridden it so to negate the local vote. Where does this stand. 

I know the city council has also now voted no in addition to it being voted no on the ballot. Wasnt aware the govt of Florida won and rcl can go back. 

I was in KW on Celebrity two weeks ago and it reminded me what a pleasant day stop it is compared to Nassau.  I think they are only utilizing one of the piers so one ship at a time, and mid-sized ships so 2000-3000 people, not the 10K a day quoted in this article.  Much insight and info here for any interested

https://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/news-analysis/key-west-cruise-ships/

Would make a great change of scenery for a weekend getaway. I would be ready to put a deposit down. I'm not sure if RCI specifically is stopping there.  It was one of the few ports we've been to in the past 10 months that had the most places open to visit/things to do.  GSC from NCL is not nearly as desirable to go to as CocoCay, and their weekend ship not as good as Royals but that would be an alternative. If MSC would skip Nassau and go to KW I would consider them too. I would not do a weekend Carnival cruise. 

I understand why ships must vacate KW relatively early/no night time calls; I know KW is a whole different scene at night, but I still find it an attractive tourist day stop. hopefully some cruise line finds a workable itinerary. I would prefer if it were Royal though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dezertcruzer said:

Virgin Voyages does a 4 night that stops in Key West, but not a 3 night.

Ah, so they do.   $1400 for a guaranty inside on a 4 night phewwwwwwwwwww. 

3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

For those more in the know of things; do you think there is any chance of weekend itineraries in the future that include Key West and CocoCay? We love a day at CocoCay; it's the best private cruise line stop in the Bahamas. We also love being in Key West for a day; find it far superior to Nassau. If saw it offered would book it a few times a year as a getaway weekend. Have they ever tried this; do you think they could/would try this? Who else would like to go to Key West over Nassau? If this is offered somewhere already (or any Bahamas beach stop + Key West on a 3 day) let me know 👍

Me in a heart beat.

11 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Try Serenade or Brillance from Tampa. One of them used to stop in KW.

Neither Brilliance from Tampa or Grandeur from Miami go to CocoCay.  Brilliance goes to Nassau and KW. Grandeur goes to Labadee. There's some good deals on that though 

• Like 1

Two Decades ago Royal had 3/4/5 nite Cruises and I did the 5 nite with Coco Cay, Nassau, Key West and a SLOOOOW Sea Day. Paid $59ea for OV, total $118 for the 2 of us Even cost get there, 20hrs each way in Full Size Vehicle was less then $100 Gas RT with price less then $1 a Gallon. Cost for Cruise and Gas paid for with rolled coins from my Change Jar. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Two Decades ago Royal had 3/4/5 nite Cruises and I did the 5 nite with Coco Cay, Nassau, Key West and a SLOOOOW Sea Day. Paid $59ea for OV, total $118 for the 2 of us Even cost get there, 20hrs each way in Full Size Vehicle was less then $100 Gas RT with price less then $1 a Gallon. Cost for Cruise and Gas paid for with rolled coins from my Change Jar. 

Great cruise story!  Once HAL finished a dry dock early and offered a three night cruise to nowhere.  Offered us an interior for $25 pp, an oceanview for $50 or a balcony for $100.  We took the balcony and enjoyed it. Since we live near the port, all in was about $400, less than one night at a good hotel with dinner.  

• Like 1