pictures

angelbaby129

I know that Virgin does things differently, however, I saw someone post a picture that looked like it had a cute professional border on it. Does Virgin do the traditional portraits around the ship? If so, how much do they cost?

Also, do people join roll calls like other cruise lines? I can't find one for August 19th, not here or on the book of faces. Thanks for your help!

Yes, there are roll calls here and on multiple social media sites.
I'm not aware of any professional photographers around the ship like other lines do, but Virgin does have photo machines--like the old fashioned machines where kids made funny faces with friends.  I don't know what they cost, sorry.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, angelbaby129 said:

I saw someone post a picture that looked like it had a cute professional border on it.

This set-up is specifically for scarlet night - it's a DIY photo booth with props. you click a button, pose, and email yourself the photo.

no photogs on board, no packages, but crew or fellow sailors seemed pretty willing to take photos of others.  i didn't do this, but they have a "sunsets & selfies" session where the happenings cast supposedly shows you the best places to snag photos around the ship too.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2022 at 9:57 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

Thanks...that was me 😄

Lol, sorry, I didn't notice the name. I thought the cape looked fun. It encouraged me to try something fun, so I got a fascinator for my hair with feathers.

The only thing I forgot on Scarlet Night were my ear plugs. The show in the Roundabout was awesome but then when I went up to the pool deck for the finale, it was a bit too loud for me. I lasted 10 minutes. If I had my ear plugs I would have stayed much longer, that was amazing up there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

The only thing I forgot on Scarlet Night were my ear plugs. The show in the Roundabout was awesome but then when I went up to the pool deck for the finale, it was a bit too loud for me. I lasted 10 minutes. If I had my ear plugs I would have stayed much longer, that was amazing up there. 

That’s an excellent tip.

The thought hadn't occurred to me before, but not having photographers around trying to drum up business will be a refreshing change.

I always find myself steering clear when I see a ship photographer standing around with camera in hand. He gets that predatory gleam in his eye like he's going to say something and then I drift as far away as I can while passing or find a sudden intense topic to talk about with my partner so he doesn't actually try to talk to us.

I can so relate to this. It’s one of the remnants of traditional cruising that I have always found awkward  too. I think a much better idea would be to have a designated photo corner or actual ships studio. Those  that actually want photos could visit and I bet they would make better subjects.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Did it take awhile for the Photo Booth picture to send? We got off our cruise on Friday (Scarlett night was Wednesday) and we still haven’t received an email with the picture. 

Edited by Olive377

On 5/14/2023 at 5:55 PM, Olive377 said:

Did it take awhile for the Photo Booth picture to send? We got off our cruise on Friday (Scarlett night was Wednesday) and we still haven’t received an email with the picture. 

We never got ours. I need to take more photos next time.

• 9 months later...

Another nice thing about Virgin... not once did I have to say no to a photographer.

And the even better part?   I do not have to dig out that big box of photos back when we would take lots of them - and never see them again. LOL!

• Like 2