Chef's table include wine and other random ?'s - been awhile :-)

I did search but things change so quickly and I got mixed results.  Back in the day Chef's table included wine and you tipped; no auto tipping.  Is it the same now?  Specifically looking at Freedom if anyone has recent experience.  I won't have the drink package b/c the new RCCL C&A drinks are enough for me.

Are they still serving drinks at 5-8ish in the Diamond Lounge and they don't count into the 5 drinks D+ gets?

Can the bottle of wine gifted to the cabin be brought to MDR dinner without needing to pay any corkage fee?

I've never used the D+ bogo benefit.  On boarding day Freedom for a 3 night are they likely to be trying to sell specialty dinners for about the same as see "on sale" in cruiseplanner (still feels high); trying to figure out how it would work for a party of 4 where I'm the only D+.  

Lastly, do all the beach beds on coco cay still come with a cooler and 4 waters?  Trying to decide if with access to a cooler bringing a bottle of white wine makes sense.

Anything else I might have missed in the last couple years lol?  Thanks in advance for any info.  

3 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Are they still serving drinks at 5-8ish in the Diamond Lounge and they don't count into the 5 drinks D+ gets?

Can the bottle of wine gifted to the cabin be brought to MDR dinner without needing to pay any corkage fee?

No more "free" drinks in the DL -they use your vouchers.

Yes.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SAmome said:

I did search but things change so quickly and I got mixed results.  Back in the day Chef's table included wine and you tipped; no auto tipping.  Is it the same now? 

Yes, wine pairings are included. I don't recall an auto tip on my last two CTs. 

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Yes they serve, and No they are not free anymore.  

They do have happy hour bar service in the DL, but your drinks are charged against your vouchers.  There are also hors d'oeuvres during happy hour too, which is roughly 5-8 but  varies somewhat by ship.  You can also use your vouchers at any bar on the ship, not just the DL.

Yes.  We usually actually open the bottle ourselves in the cabin and stick the cork back in so it's ready to pour as soon as the waiter brings glasses.  There's still no corkage fee, though, even if they open it for you.

Hope this helps...Sorry, I don't know the answers to your last two questions!

• Like 1

OOPS...forgot!  Yes, wine is served with each course at Chef's Table.  An 18% gratuity is added when you book it.  Here's a review of the meal that includes the menu and the wine selections with each course.

https://www.2bearbear.com/chefs-table-review-royal-caribbean-cruises-michelin-styled-dining-with-wine-pairing/

I just put CT in my cart on my cruise planner for our next cruise, and the 18% grat is added before payment.

21 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

OOPS...forgot!  Yes, wine is served with each course at Chef's Table.  An 18% gratuity is added when you book it.  Here's a review of the meal that includes the menu and the wine selections with each course.

https://www.2bearbear.com/chefs-table-review-royal-caribbean-cruises-michelin-styled-dining-with-wine-pairing/

I just put CT in my cart on my cruise planner for our next cruise, and the 18% grat is added before payment.

This is a great review.  However, fair warning, this menu for Chef's Table has not changed much since 2017.  I've been to Chef's table on every cruise since i've been on since i found out about a "Chef's Table" in 2012 on Carnival.  Up to 2016, each Chef's table was different (well, 2017, as it was different from 2016).  But after my cruise in 2017 on Grandeur, I've notice the only change in menu item was the dessert.  (They had a chocolate bar of sorts, but that was replaced with the World). Wine pairing does vary a little, but not always.

What does change is presentation and the chef puts a slight variation into menu to reflect their style. (For example, one chef put black olives in the slaw with the Branzino while others mostly didn't).

Its still a good dinner, but one of the things I liked was you didn't really know what you were going to get until you got the menu.  Now, after 7 Chef's table with the same menu, I'm kind of getting bored.  I get it if its the same menu for a year, but we're in year 7, with the same menu.  Its a good dinner, but the mystique is kind of gone.

• Like 1