Help with printing off e-ticket & luggage labels

castlebaycruisers

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.  We are sailing QV on 31 July and completed our online check in, however we were not able to print off e-ticket and labels.  We managed to print off our boarding pass no problem, thought we would have been directed to a page of print off  

tickets/labels but nothing.  We have tried other browsers , pop ups on and off but to no avail

We are obviously doing something wrong, but cannot think what

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

I doubt you are doing anything wrong. I printed out our tickets and labels for Friday without any difficulties a couple of weeks ago, but when I thought I had better check today that nothing had changed, I couldn't access them at all. Let's hope it's different tomorrow.

Sometimes saving each of those as a file (usually pdf file) and then printing each pdf file in a separate application where you open the saved file, can avoid the problems of printing from some browsers.  It depends on what software you are running and whether you are using Microsoft Windows (and may depend on the version too), and also may depend on what protections you have for malware.  Also sometimes if you have your phone set so that you can print from the phone, you may also be able to do it that way. Anyway just a few options you might try.

1 hour ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

Sometimes saving each of those as a file (usually pdf file)

Are you using a smart device? On mine, it appeared that nothing had happened. But the file was, in fact, downloaded. I could open it from there. That behavio(u)r is a little less likely if you're using a desktop, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frankp01 said:

Are you using a smart device? On mine, it appeared that nothing had happened. But the file was, in fact, downloaded. I could open it from there. That behavio(u)r is a little less likely if you're using a desktop, though.

This - check your downloads folder, you may find, like I did several downloaded copies.

• Like 1

When do boarding documents and luggage tags typically become available?  We sail Aug 5.  I check daily and I get "opening  soon" (on line check in) and "not yet available" (luggage tags and e-tickets).

Edited by High C's

17 hours ago, castlebaycruisers said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.  We are sailing QV on 31 July and completed our online check in, however we were not able to print off e-ticket and labels.  We managed to print off our boarding pass no problem, thought we would have been directed to a page of print off  

tickets/labels but nothing.  We have tried other browsers , pop ups on and off but to no avail

Thank you

Hi I’ve had the same problem, I’ve managed to access my voyage on my smart phone open up luggage label then email to myself so I can print off from iPad. 

18 hours ago, castlebaycruisers said:

Thank you

If you have managed to print off a ' Boarding Card' then this is only document you need as this document indicates your 'Check-in Time/ arrival time'  . ( an e ticket is not aways asked for  now that Boarding Cards have been introduced post pandemic)  Your e ticket only acts as a sort of invoice, you will not be asked to produce it as the check-in agent knows you are already in the system when swiping your passport. 

Luggage labels;

Don't waste time stressing out over this, Additional luggage labels are available from the Porters ( and always have been)   prior to dropping off your luggage. One just needs to clearly print name and stateroom number.

Don't stress out or waste anymore time on this new 'Check-in on line system' ,if you are like me worry about how many pairs of shoes you will need to pack .   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

If you have managed to print off a ' Boarding Card' then this is only document you need as this document indicates your 'Check-in Time/ arrival time'  . ( an e ticket is not aways asked for  now that Boarding Cards have been introduced post pandemic)  Your e ticket only acts as a sort of invoice, you will not be asked to produce it as the check-in agent knows you are already in the system when swiping your passport. 

Luggage labels;

Don't waste time stressing out over this, Additional luggage labels are available from the Porters ( and always have been)   prior to dropping off your luggage. One just needs to clearly print name and stateroom number.

Don't stress out or waste anymore time on this new 'Check-in on line system' ,if you are like me worry about how many pairs of shoes you will need to pack .   

Thank you so much for your advice.  I think you're right, I will now give all my attention to my shoes.

• Like 3

I have a question to those that have sailed and went thru the processing system previous to boarding the ship.

Is the term Boarding Card the same as Boarding Pass. Is this also part of the E Ticket also to be printed within 21 days prior to embarkation day. Are they different or the same

Isn't there also a card that allows you to enter your cabin waiting in the mailbox outside of your cabin. This use to be presented to you during the check in desk in the Terminal.

I am trying to understand all these terms we did not use in previous sailing - pre pandemic embarkation. 

I have in past voyages did these printing and familiar with ex. printing luggage tags, e tickets. 

Your assistance is appreciated. 

A boarding pass and boarding card are one and the same thing. It has a barcode that, when scanned by a check-in agent, brings up your registration data (photo, credit card for onboard expenses, etc.) As you mentioned, your room key will be waiting for you in the 'mail slot' outside of your cabin. Because of that, in the past once you had checked-in, you'd use your room key to enter the ship. Now, you'll use the boarding pass to be scanned by the ship's security crew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frankp01 said:

A boarding pass and boarding card are one and the same thing. It has a barcode that, when scanned by a check-in agent, brings up your registration data (photo, credit card for onboard expenses, etc.) As you mentioned, your room key will be waiting for you in the 'mail slot' outside of your cabin. Because of that, in the past once you had checked-in, you'd use your room key to enter the ship. Now, you'll use the boarding pass to be scanned by the ship's security crew.

Many Thanks!

19 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Have you managed to print them off yet?

No not yet, thought we would give it a couple of days then try again.   I have emailed Cunard but I will be surprised if we get a reply,  I will give Cunard a ring and ask them to email them to me, if I ask nicely (ha ha).  Thank you for asking anyway

• Haha 1

Update with our problem printing off our e-tickets and luggage labels.  Still no joy so we rang Cunard and spoke to a lovely young lady and she e-mailed them to us , so we are all set - thank you Cunard.  Just the antigen test to pass and we are good to go

• Like 4

On 7/11/2022 at 6:06 PM, High C's said:

When do boarding documents and luggage tags typically become available?  We sail Aug 5.  I check daily and I get "opening  soon" (on line check in) and "not yet available" (luggage tags and e-tickets).

I am on your same sailing, and online check in opened this morning. 

• Like 1