Royal Princess Buffet Items

pris993

Going on Royal Princess.  My DH has dementia, so we will be eating in the buffet for lunch and dinner.  We do breakfast in cabin.   Wondering if anyone who eats at buffet has any favorite items we might look for when on board.  We are going over Christmas and New Year's, so will be on 14 days. 

The Royal Princess has various sections in their buffet which includes many different items. Right now I have read that selections are limited to a few serving lines. By Christmas the selections should expand, hopefully. You really have to look at all the different lines to see what is available each day. After a number of days you will remember where the items you enjoy are located.

Dinner entrees normally include some of the same items that are available in the DRs.

• Like 1

Pris, don't forget that you can get food and beverage delivery throughout the ship.  I guess they can deliver to the buffet area if there is anything you want from that menu.

Pre-Covid, I would make a salad at the buffet for lunch (a wonderful selection of salad fixings) and then I'd go grab a grilled chicken breast from the hot dog grill to add to the salad.  That was my favorite lunch.

Also, don't forget the selections from the International Cafe, if your husband would be comfortable in the Piazza.

• Like 1

If I see the chocolate croissants, that what I grab. They’re available at the buffet and the international cafe in the morning. They have various flavours throughout the cruise but it’s the chocolate ones I have to have. I also love the salads at lunch and dinner. You can put whatever you want and I find they have a decent selection of toppings. I also eat too many of those dinner rolls that are soft inside and crispy outside.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel A said:

My experience with the buffet dinners are that each night there is a different international theme, so each night there are different options.

Yes...usually different every night.  Of course there are ALWAYS some of the same selections but as far as the main "theme" of the night often times it is loosely based on the port you're at.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lizabu said:

If I see the chocolate croissants, that what I grab. They’re available at the buffet and the international cafe in the morning. They have various flavours throughout the cruise but it’s the chocolate ones I have to have. I also love the salads at lunch and dinner. You can put whatever you want and I find they have a decent selection of toppings. I also eat too many of those dinner rolls that are soft inside and crispy outside.

Thanks will have to look for these my DH is from Paris, I am sure he will like the chocolate croissants!!