Safes on Mars

janetcbl

16 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

The ship is not completely outfitted but sailing with passengers?  Interesting.

Only the safes were  missing due to a supply issue. No one seemed to miss them. If you were concerned, I guess the concierge would have put your valuables in the ship’s safe. I heard nothing about it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

The ship is not completely outfitted but sailing with passengers?  Interesting.

I hardly think the cruise would be cancelled because of a supply issue with safes.😂😂

When we sailed on the Mars we were missing a bin in the bathroom and water carafes  - hardly a real hardship . The Ship was amazing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Do you miss the cubbyhole where it sits?   That was my primary place to put clothes.  It’s very awkward to get to the closet & drawers.

While it is indeed an amazing ship I don’t think the layout of the stateroom was well thought out.

I've only ever sailed in a DV cabin and honestly I don't understand what kinds of problems people have with the closet.  There is plenty of room by the bed to access the closet; as broad in the beam as we are, neither of us has to side-step into the space.  I'm on a ship; I expect everything to be compact.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

I've only ever sailed in a DV cabin and honestly I don't understand what kinds of problems people have with the closet.  There is plenty of room by the bed to access the closet; as broad in the beam as we are, neither of us has to side-step into the space.  I'm on a ship; I expect everything to be compact.

No disagreement but I will say the one time we had a cheap upgrade to a PV we did enjoy the closet by the door location. We could both stand there at the same time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

No disagreement but I will say the one time we had a cheap upgrade to a PV we did enjoy the closet by the door location. We could both stand there at the same time. 

Yes , you can both stand in front of it and it’s easier to get to, but only one of you can access the wardrobe at a time. When I open my side it closes my husbands side 😂😂

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, TomMMD said:

Do you miss the cubbyhole where it sits?  

LOL...Yeah, on the Chairman's cruise we made good use of that space!

On 7/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, TomMMD said:

I don’t think the layout of the stateroom was well thought out.

In our room, the TV was attached right in the middle of the mirror...thought that was a bit weird. Otherwise, I had no problem with the room. Loved it up on deck 8 (free upgrade).  Talk about being spoiled....

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

15 hours ago, cruisinchrissy said:

When I open my side it closes my husbands side

LOL....most of the regular verandah cabins on Celebrity are such that you can't open the bathroom and closet doors at the same time since they bang into each other 😆

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, traveljkkk said:

We are on Mars in a month - would like to know if others have information on the status of installing the safes - what decks or cabin types?

Someone somewhere in the last week posted that they had one installed in their stateroom that day.  Sorry I can’t remember where I read it-if not on here maybe it was on the site that cannot be named. 🤔

On 7/11/2022 at 12:53 PM, janetcbl said:

FYI….a safe was installed in our cabin today on the Mars…..don’t know if it has been done to all the cabins as of today.

I heard they found water. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, traveljkkk said:

We are on Mars in a month - would like to know if others have information on the status of installing the safes - what decks or cabin types?

I posted this…we are on Deck 6, in a PS3. I don’t know about other cabins.