Pre-cruise hotel package Port of Miami

We’ll be driving to Miami the day before boarding.  Our concierge suite includes a one night pre-cruise hotel package.  Haven’t been assigned our hotel yet but wondering about parking.  Has anyone done this?  Do any of the Regent hotel choices offer parking for the duration of the cruise?  I wouldn’t expect this to be free but it would be convenient.  If nothing is available I guess we’ll be parking at the port.  We also have the option to decline the hotel package and take a $150 credit.  I’m thinking the one-night hotel plus breakfast and transfers is worth more than that.

To my knowledge, no Regent assigned hotel In Miami offers parking as a part of the package.

Most people who drive to Miami park in a garage near to their cruise terminal. Often, but not always, that will be Terminal J. Your assigned dock will be on your final cruise documents, but it’s always best to check which terminal (there are various websites that monitor this) the morning you are boarding.

i believe your cannot reserve your garage space in advance, but from everything I’ve read, that should not be a problem.

We also drove to Miami and stayed at the Intercontinental  It is well worth paying for parking for one night for one reason.  In the morning you can leave on your schedule and not have to deal with the Regent shuttle process. We were able to call the porter to get our bags and car, and be at terminal J parking garage in 15 minutes.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DatawCruiser said:

We also drove to Miami and stayed at the Intercontinental  It is well worth paying for parking for one night for one reason.  In the morning you can leave on your schedule and not have to deal with the Regent shuttle process. We were able to call the porter to get our bags and car, and be at terminal J parking garage in 15 minutes.  

That's good to know.  No problems parking at the J terminal?  Did you drop your bags off first, or not? How far did you have to walk to check in?

Not necessarily. Regent uses several different hotels in Miami.

For the 2017 WC Gala the night before boarding, it was at the Biltmore. For the 2023 WC the Gala will be at the Mandarin Oriental, but we are assigned to the Intercontinental.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

That's good to know.  No problems parking at the J terminal?  Did you drop your bags off first, or not? How far did you have to walk to check in?

Yes.  As you drive to the Terminal J parking garage, you drive right past the baggage drop off.  I stopped and unloaded the bags, and my wife got out there also.  Then you take two left turns and you are at the garage entrance.  You have to prepay the attendant for the entire stay up front.  They know how long the cruise is for.  I was fortunate and saw an open spot just past the attendant on the first floor.  Regardless of what spot you get, the garage is directly across the street from the cruise port and is a easy walk.  We got there well ahead of the Regent transfer buses and had no waiting of any kind.

• Thanks 1

From what I see, the Miami Parking Authority has long term parking in their garages.  They also appear to not charge cars with handicapped tags. There is probably a garage near any of the hotels. A taxi back to a downtown garage is probably less than parking at the port.