Bon Voyage Experience

LMaxwell

It has been probably 4 or 5 years since I've done a Bon Voyage Experience, and I would 99% assume in a post-Covid world it is not available, but does anyone know for certain if that is the case? 

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Can someone explain what it was?

You could board early even though you weren't booked on the cruise.  You did have to sign up for it beforehand and you could board early and have lunch in the dining room, with other guests you were with or just on your own.  You had all the benefits on being booked on the cruise, an embarkation photo, a personalized tour of the ship's amenities, embarkation lunch, etc.  You could even book a massage or hang by the pool if you chose to do so.  Then, you would get a future cruise credit if you booked while onboard.  The disembarkation time for these guests was just before the muster drill. 

It was a nice payback for those that drove you to the pier .. that's what we did for our friends / family that took us to our cruise.  It was about $39 pp ... forgive me if I got that wrong.  

Very fun way to experience ship life for a few hours.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

You could board early even though you weren't booked on the cruise.  You did have to sign up for it beforehand and you could board early and have lunch in the dining room, with other guests you were with or just on your own.  You had all the benefits on being booked on the cruise, an embarkation photo, a personalized tour of the ship's amenities, embarkation lunch, etc.  You could even book a massage or hang by the pool if you chose to do so.  Then, you would get a future cruise credit if you booked while onboard.  The disembarkation time for these guests was just before the muster drill. 

It was a nice payback for those that drove you to the pier .. that's what we did for our friends / family that took us to our cruise.  It was about $39 pp ... forgive me if I got that wrong.  

Very fun way to experience ship life for a few hours.  

Yes, I wish they would bring it back, we did it a few times with different people.  We got our son and grandson interested in cruising by first inviting them on board for lunch.  

2 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Yes, I wish they would bring it back, we did it a few times with different people.  We got our son and grandson interested in cruising by first inviting them on board for lunch.  

I loved it.  Even if you live near enough to an embarkation pier, you could get some credits.  We would treat others that gave us a ride to the pier.  It was so wonderful. 

• Like 2

Beyond what was mentioned; you could also drop a form off at the future cruise desk; so beyond just getting the $39 cost of the program refunded with a booking, you got to take advantage of any onboard booking offers as well. You could also use the form for anyone not onboard and they would get the onboard booking benefits. Not sure if Princess intended that or if it was a loophole. 

Bon Voyage Experience boarded after wedding parties, but before Suites and Elites.  If you had friends or family sailing in a regular cabin and you were doing BVE, they could be onboard first with you. This would be helpful if they wanted to book premium amenities like the Sanctuary or specific times at the Spa. 

I did the lunch in the MDR once; it just took a bit too long.  I liked getting on first; usually before the lunch buffet would even open. I would have about 4 hours onboard to check out the ship in its entirety. Whenever I dropped someone off for a Princess cruise at Port Everglades I was signed up for BVE - they'd get on first, and I'd get to enjoy sampling a new, to me, ship. 

Another thing of the past; I think Princess were the last lines to offer this sort of thing.