I got lucky

Ilovesailaway

My choices for my post cruise flight were crazy expensive. Except one, a 9:15 out of FLL with a great connection about half way home. It was less than half the price of any other options FLL or MIA.

Well I might be crazy and I have made some early post cruise flights down there in the past but man 9:15 was gonna be tight. I really loved the price, the short layover, and the time it would get me home so I pulled the trigger. Oh and I bought the flight with a credit promo so it was essentially free.

Low and behold 3 days later my flight it was switched to 7:30 😮. No way I would make that. Well that allowed me to do a no cost change so I picked a later flight with an even better connection that would have cost me over twice as much.

I know I got very lucky and this could've bit me in the ass but wow...

Just thought I would share a story where the passenger made out for a change lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

What does this even mean?

Evidence of a mindset that believes there is an adversarial relationship between an airline and its customers.  Which is simplistic and contrary to the realities of the industry.  Zero Sum Thinking.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

I know I got very lucky and this could've bit me in the ass but wow...

You hit the slim odds of a fortunate outcome.  The bite was far far more likely.

Unfortunately, others will read this and think....."Hey, I can use this trick and make out like a bandit".

• Thanks 1