Is there a way to find out how many covid cases are on Carnival ships now?

cruisr

41 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

I find it interesting that it’s such a concern. You don’t test to go shopping or board an airplane, but a cruise. Oh no

I agree with you in theory. 

Cruises are different. You are confined to less space for a defined amount of time. Higher chances if the is a positive on bord one will be with them for a significant amount of time. 

I believe if you take a cruise the chances are there will be an exposure.  

With that information everyone can do what they like. 

24 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I agree with you in theory. 

Cruises are different. You are confined to less space for a defined amount of time. Higher chances if the is a positive on bord one will be with them for a significant amount of time. 

I believe if you take a cruise the chances are there will be an exposure.  

With that information everyone can do what they like. 

More confined than an airplane? No. Restaurants on board are no different than on shore. Bars and theaters are identical on shore. Aisles are aisles no matter where you go.  Elevators are elevators.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

More confined than an airplane? No. Restaurants on board are no different than on shore. Bars and theaters are identical on shore. Aisles are aisles no matter where you go.  Elevators are elevators.

And the distinct possibility of being well out to sea, maybe a day or two from port, priceless!!

50 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

And probability goes up when you with the same people for 7 days. 

A ship is different than anything on land. Also filtration on an airplane is different than on a ship. Variable are not the same anywhere which is why Covid is tricky. 

50 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

A ship is different than anything on land. Also filtration on an airplane is different than on a ship. Variable are not the same anywhere which is why Covid is tricky. 

You can go outside and have ~20 knot winds blowing any viruses far away from you. Can't do that on an airplane, at least not more than once!

29 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You can go outside and have ~20 knot winds blowing any viruses far away from you. Can't do that on an airplane, at least not more than once!

Or the wind can blow them at you. The point being tests aren’t required for any form of transportation but cruising

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

How.  This should interesting

Just now, TheSeagoer said:

Or the wind can blow them at you. The point being tests aren’t required for any form of transportation but cruising

That's why I'm so intrigued why none of the cruise lines haven't abandoned testing as soon as the CDC's program ended. It would seem to me that the cruise lines would have had a plan in place for when the CDC's program ended. But I guess they don't want to be too hasty.

I think if the cruise lines had to pay for and organize all these tests though, things would be much different.

11 minutes ago, mz-s said:

That's why I'm so intrigued why none of the cruise lines haven't abandoned testing as soon as the CDC's program ended. It would seem to me that the cruise lines would have had a plan in place for when the CDC's program ended. But I guess they don't want to be too hasty.

I think if the cruise lines had to pay for and organize all these tests though, things would be much different.

One word. Lawyers.   Only the cruise lines are stalling. This bug has been with us for three years.  Time to move on. Thank you

Edited by TheSeagoer

Just now, TheSeagoer said:

One word. Lawyers.   Only the cruise lines are stalling. This bug has been with us for three years.  Time to move on. Thank you

It always comes down to lawyers or money, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Yes - how often are you blowing in the wind  VS inside the ship close to people. 

I personally am not afraid of cruising and have been on a bunch since Covid. But ships are different just because of the time together. It’s not a one and done - usually minimally 3 days and usually longer. 

Edited by Stick93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSeagoer said:

How.  This should interesting

You mean the laws of probability? Spending 2 hours in a restaurant or 6 hours on a plane VS 7 days with the same people and staff that has been on 7 days repeated and in close confines of one another - serving and preparing for you? Seems  just like a run to Costco or a drive thru at Starbucks - NOT. 

On my last cruise I saw a guy wearing an N95/gloves/face shield at the buffet. Must be hell for him. I am aware of the risks of leaving my house and I choose to take them - in fact I don’t see them as risks, its living. But a getting on a ship for a cruise has increased risks of getting Covid and if that bothers someone - I gently suggest a cruise may not be for them. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

You mean the laws of probability? Spending 2 hours in a restaurant or 6 hours on a plane VS 7 days with the same people and staff that has been on 7 days repeated and in close confines of one another - serving and preparing for you? Seems  just like a run to Costco or a drive thru at Starbucks - NOT. 

On my last cruise I saw a guy wearing an N95/gloves/face shield at the buffet. Must be hell for him. I am aware of the risks of leaving my house and I choose to take them - in fact I don’t see them as risks, its living. But a getting on a ship for a cruise has increased risks of getting Covid and if that bothers someone - I gently suggest a cruise may not be for them. 

Enjoy! 

You are rarely with the same people for seven days. How are the elevators on a ship different than a hotel? How is a ships restaurant different that a restaurant at home? How is a bar on ship different than a bar at home?

• Like 2

On 7/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, BlerkOne said:

Actually the CDC has released such information in the past, but feel free to waste time and money. Posting was likely a copyright violation.

Actually there is a web site where you can submit an FOI request for this information.  I did last December for a 2 month period.  Took me about 10 minutes to fill out and submit the request.  Got contacted by the person responsible for responding about 2 days later.  They indicated that they expected it to not incur a cost, but would let me know if that changed.  Got the information about 2 months later.  The request was for all new cases by ship by day for the two month period.  There was no cost because they already had that information and it was pretty much just extracting part of a spreadsheet so well within the required work hours before a charge would have been triggered

So it is available and one can get it.  Just takes a couple of months.  

23 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

You are rarely with the same people for seven days. How are the elevators on a ship different than a hotel? How is a ships restaurant different that a restaurant at home? How is a bar on ship different than a bar at home?

It’s the same people multiplied multiple times over and over all on the same ship for 7 days. More interactions with the same people - I believe you are simplifying this. 
I believe we agree on the issue of caring about Covid on the ship in general. 

12 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

It’s the same people multiplied multiple times over and over all on the same ship for 7 days. More interactions with the same people - I believe you are simplifying this. 
I believe we agree on the issue of caring about Covid on the ship in general. 

Not really. There is no business on land where anybody here goes to that requires a test now. They are all identical. It’s no different than walking into a crowded  Business everyday. The only difference is you know everyone on board has proven a neg test and vaccination status. Nowhere on land is that required. You should actually feel safer on board a ship than going into a Costco or boarding a plane.

5 hours ago, TheSeagoer said:

Not really. There is no business on land where anybody here goes to that requires a test now. They are all identical. It’s no different than walking into a crowded  Business everyday. The only difference is you know everyone on board has proven a neg test and vaccination status. Nowhere on land is that required. You should actually feel safer on board a ship than going into a Costco or boarding a plane.

Except if your logic was correct than we would have kicked this pandemic - we are all aware that vaccine and testing is not enough and people still get it. So feeling safe with vaccine and testing is no different than your magical blanket as a child. This is why people want the mandates dropped because they don’t work.  So yes ships are different because of the constant exposure to the same people which would be improbable anywhere on land.

Edited by Stick93

4 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Except if your logic was correct than we would have kicked this pandemic - we are all aware that vaccine and testing is not enough and people still get it. So feeling safe with vaccine and testing is no different than your magical blanket as a child. This is why people want the mandates dropped because they don’t work.  So yes ships are different because of the constant exposure to the same people which would be improbable anywhere on land.

Straw man.  I say again, the only venue on the planet where you know everyone’s status is a cruise ship before you board.  No other business you use do you know anyones status, therefore you should be safer than anywhere else.  It’s not that hard

4 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

Straw man.  I say again, the only venue on the planet where you know everyone’s status is a cruise ship before you board.  No other business you use do you know anyones status, therefore you should be safer than anywhere else.  It’s not that hard

Thank you Dr Fauci. You have done a great job with Covid. I’m shocked with all you know it’s still so prevalent. I guess you and everyone in the world isn’t as smart as we think.  If it was so simple there would be no Covid on the ships but there is so ship must have some unique  feature. I mean everyone tested and vaxxed… it’s a slam dunk that the positives we hear must be fake news! 

ships are unique - don’t fight it. 

8 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Thank you Dr Fauci. You have done a great job with Covid. I’m shocked with all you know it’s still so prevalent. I guess you and everyone in the world isn’t as smart as we think.  If it was so simple there would be no Covid on the ships but there is so ship must have some unique  feature. I mean everyone tested and vaxxed… it’s a slam dunk that the positives we hear must be fake news! 

ships are unique - don’t fight it. 

Nobody said there was no Covid on board. But you know prior to boarding everyone was tested with a negative result. You know they are vaccinated.  No other business you use do you know anyones status. PS.  Ships are just small cities and are not unique.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

Nobody said there was no Covid on board. But you know prior to boarding everyone was tested with a negative result. You know they are vaccinated.  No other business you use do you know anyones status. PS.  Ships are just small cities and are not unique.

Apparently the CDC agrees with you, at least partially.  At the end of the day, the only ones (opinions) that matter are the CDC and Carnival.  

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Apparently the CDC agrees with you, at least partially.  At the end of the day, the only ones (opinions) that matter are the CDC and Carnival.  

Nobody knows what this means