Online Check-in

mdsgu

So I know check-in opens 14 days prior to the cruise to select your port arrival time (16 days for P&D).  What info do you need to check in?  And when they say 14 (or 16) days, does it start at midnight or when?  Just trying to figure out if I'm going to need to set an alarm this weekend.....

It's midnight EST.  You will need passport information and credit card information (for your S&S account), if you wish to enter them.  Me?  I always enter that we are using a birth certificate and setting up a cash account.  You have to show everything at the port anyway.

• Like 1

Something a lot of people don't realize with this new system is you don't have to do the entire process just to get the boarding time.

Just go in and click on the "select boarding time" in the list of check in things, and then select your boarding time and click "next" and it saves it.  You can go back and do all the rest of the check in stuff later when you have the time.

I have done it for all 4 of my cruises this year.  I wake up sometime in the middle of the night (just excited to do it don't even need an alarm) and go log in, select my boarding time, click next and when I am in the next section and can see the completed check mark next to select boarding time, I log out and go back to bed.  Then deal with the rest of it later in the day sometime.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Something a lot of people don't realize with this new system is you don't have to do the entire process just to get the boarding time.

Just go in and click on the "select boarding time" in the list of check in things, and then select your boarding time and click "next" and it saves it.  You can go back and do all the rest of the check in stuff later when you have the time.

I have done it for all 4 of my cruises this year.  I wake up sometime in the middle of the night (just excited to do it don't even need an alarm) and go log in, select my boarding time, click next and when I am in the next section and can see the completed check mark next to select boarding time, I log out and go back to bed.  Then deal with the rest of it later in the day sometime.

This happened to me last weekend I could do my online check in. I woke up like 2am had to go to the bathroom then remembered I could check to excited no need for my calendar reminder that I set.

2 hours ago, mdsgu said:

....Just trying to figure out if I'm going to need to set an alarm this weekend.....

I honestly wouldn't sweat it and go for one of the later arrival slots.  If you get on board after 1:30 (for most of the ships anyway) you can go straight to your cabin without having to babysit your carry-on luggage etc. with the added benefit of smaller crowds in the terminal.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

This is excellent information.  I told my wife that I was sure I'd wake up in the middle of the night after midnight tonight to check in for our cruise.  Rather than input all of our information, I can just log in and press a few buttons to pick my time....voila...back to bed.

• Like 1

Be aware that the system sometimes gets so overloaded with everyone jockeying at midnight to get the check-in completed. I have had relatives who have had to reboot and restart several times before completing the process.

Just giving you a valuable heads up!

• Like 1

Someone above mentioned you picking your boarding time. You do not pick your boarding time, you select an ARRIVAL time. That's the time you should arrive at the cruise terminal to begin your check-in process. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wemjam said:

Not all heroes wear capes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

Someone above mentioned you picking your boarding time. You do not pick your boarding time, you select an ARRIVAL time. That's the time you should arrive at the cruise terminal to begin your check-in process. 

Thank you for the correction, yes it is arrival time 😆

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pengu1n said:

1. I can't believe all of you have "get up" to check in at midnight! I'm rarely in bed by then!

2. As someone said, it's midnight EST - so, being in CST, I could check in at 11!

Well, when you get it up at 5am to go to work, going to be by 10 is the norm 🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1