when will i be able to schedule a certain time for every night on the constellation with the my time dining plan. thanks

retired dude

Was not certain when we might be able to book a set time for dining every night while on the "connie" when using the my time dining plan...Trying to avoid the massive lines that we have experienced on rccl in the past, for folks that did not have a pre arranged dining time. thanks much for any info.

16 minutes ago, retired dude said:

Was not certain when we might be able to book a set time for dining every night while on the "connie" when using the my time dining plan...Trying to avoid the massive lines that we have experienced on rccl in the past, for folks that did not have a pre arranged dining time. thanks much for any info.

Yes. Go into your account on X. Select speciality dining, scroll to the bottom and you will find Any Time Dining. You can pre book for every day of the cruise, one day at a time, and the price is "complimentary". We book for 6.30, nice leisurely dinner and ready for the 9.0 pm show in the main theatre. 

When is your cruise?  We can make reservations for our October and December cruise, but reservations are not open for our April cruise.   While Celebrity can have lines for Select dining (any time) particularly on the 1st night, lines if any are much shorter on Celebrity.  FYI you don't need reservations for the show in the theater.  

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When is your cruise?  We can make reservations for our October and December cruise, but reservations are not open for our April cruise.   While Celebrity can have lines for Select dining (any time) particularly on the 1st night, lines if any are much shorter on Celebrity.  FYI you don't need reservations for the show in the theater.  

Nov 21"

Have you tried making the reservations in the app as well as on-line?  

If that doesn't work, wait a week or so after you have made final payment and then try again.

We have found that if we make a reservation for the 1st and 2nd nights that from then on as we are leaving we tell the host/hostess what time we plan to return the next evening and they take care of it.

we will try again as our final payment is due next week....I just dont want to wait until in get on the ship to go through going past hundreds of folks that are in line and checking in with the host and doing the right thing to get to our table and having to listen to the people in line make nasty comments about the couple that checked up in line, even though we were doing the right thing. On our last cruise the host that handled the seating for everyone finally just told us to go directly to our assigned table and avoid the nastiness that we had to listen to from the folks in line...thanks again for your help.

15 minutes ago, retired dude said:

we will try again as our final payment is due next week....I just dont want to wait until in get on the ship to go through going past hundreds of folks that are in line and checking in with the host and doing the right thing to get to our table and having to listen to the people in line make nasty comments about the couple that checked up in line, even though we were doing the right thing. On our last cruise the host that handled the seating for everyone finally just told us to go directly to our assigned table and avoid the nastiness that we had to listen to from the folks in line...thanks again for your help.

It is highly unlikely you will experience that on Celebrity regardless of when you go to dine!

10 hours ago, retired dude said:

we appreciate the info penquins but that did not work.. I have been on the phone with celebrity for over an hour trying to get this done. thanks again 

Very odd, we have done this on every cruise on X and Royal with no issues. As soon as the ship starts taking Speciality reservations, usually a year ahead, it includes Any Time.  

thanks to all for the positive comments, they are appreciated......Our final payment is tomorrow and my DW will try again to get this done....we have several cruises booked with both lines in the future, but i have to admit that we have gotten to like celeb more than rccl..I just wish my checkbook felt the same way....have a great day everybody and thanks again.....B&B in clearwater.

On our Celebrity cruises with "Select" (My time Dining), reservations for dinner were not accepted for the peak dining times (if the MDR opens at 5:30 PM that means any time between 6 PM and 8 PM).

This was true on our Constellation cruise from Tampa in February and our Alaska Millennium cruise that we just returned from.

When you arrive at the MDR, there are two check in in stations, one for reservations, one for walk in.

For our October cruise on Beyond, I made our select dining reservations months ago.  It’s a 9-night cruise, and we have booked specialty restaurants for 3 of the nights, but for the 6 remaining nights, we have 5 nights at 7:30 and one at 7:00.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

For our October cruise on Beyond, I made our select dining reservations months ago.  It’s a 9-night cruise, and we have booked specialty restaurants for 3 of the nights, but for the 6 remaining nights, we have 5 nights at 7:30 and one at 7:00.

Same here.  We are sailing the Beyond's Transatlantic in October.  We booked the cruise July 2021 and all of our dinner reservations in August 2021.  We are booked for 7pm for 10 nights and 6:30 for 2 nights for the MDRs.

I hope you are able to book soon!

5 hours ago, Homosassa said:

On our Celebrity cruises with "Select" (My time Dining), reservations for dinner were not accepted for the peak dining times (if the MDR opens at 5:30 PM that means any time between 6 PM and 8 PM).

This was true on our Constellation cruise from Tampa in February and our Alaska Millennium cruise that we just returned from.

Usually that just means that others got the reservations before you...

Never had any problem booking those times as long as you do it well before final payment

39 minutes ago, retired dude said:

my wife has tried repeatedly to find where we can book the dining time with select dining and she is having no luck at all.....She needs a step by step tutorial on how to do it. thanks

I will try . . . 

On the Celebrity website, go to your cruise

Go to Cruise Planner

Scroll to find “Dining”

Scroll past the specialty restaurants and the various dining  packages to “Complimentary Dining”. (My only booked cruise is on Beyond which has 4 MDR options so yours may only list the MDR by name, which I believe on Constellation is the San Marco Restaurant).

I hope this is helpful.  Good luck!

Edited by bama4cruisin

1 hour ago, bama4cruisin said:

I will try . . . 

On the Celebrity website, go to your cruise

Go to Cruise Planner

Scroll to find “Dining”

Scroll past the specialty restaurants and the various dining  packages to “Complimentary Dining”. (My only booked cruise is on Beyond which has 4 MDR options so yours may only list the MDR by name, which I believe on Constellation is the San Marco Restaurant).

I hope this is helpful.  Good luck!

my dh just followed your directions and we are now the proud owners of 6:45 dinner reservations every night of our 10 day cruise.......thanks so much for you help, that makes the dinner hour so much nicer for us as we enjoy a table for two and that time was perfect...thanks again

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, retired dude said:

my dh just followed your directions and we are now the proud owners of 6:45 dinner reservations every night of our 10 day cruise.......thanks so much for you help, that makes the dinner hour so much nicer for us as we enjoy a table for two and that time was perfect...thanks again

Glad it worked!  

8 hours ago, retired dude said:

Great it worked, still odd that it rejected the exact same instructions I sent at post number 2. Heh ho another mystery into the workings of X's "Award Winning" system. Perhaps the award was in the "Worst for ............." Section. Enjoy your dinners.

18 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Usually that just means that others got the reservations before you...

Never had any problem booking those times as long as you do it well before final payment

Absolutely not the case on our Constellation or Millennium cruises.

The difference might have been due to the fact that both ships were sailing at reduced capacity (690 passengers for the Constellation in February, 1200 for the Millennium three weeks ago).  Only open seating was available and no reservations were taken between 6 - 8 PM. 

So for those who are cruising on ships with reduced passenger loads and reduced staffing, you may find that on your sailing, reservations are not taken for certain times.

40 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

The difference might have been due to the fact that both ships were sailing at reduced capacity (690 passengers for the Constellation in February, 1200 for the Millennium three weeks ago).  Only open seating was available and no reservations were taken between 6 - 8 PM. 

So for those who are cruising on ships with reduced passenger loads and reduced staffing, you may find that on your sailing, reservations are not taken for certain times.

That was a unique situation during the return to cruising, you should not encounter that again now.