2023 British Isles

Hearts

Yesterday I booked July 19th 2023 British Isles on Regal Princess ..with Liverpool .Cruise is not showing as this was originally on Emerald and they are still moving people over .

I called Princess as I had seen this cruise about 3 weeks ago on Emerald and wanted to know where it had gone .

They allowed me to reserve a Cabin .

Edited by DUCHESSRN

23 minutes ago, Hearts said:

I've been loking for a Princess British Isles cruise for 2023. There is almost nothing listed. What's happening?

They are being changed from the Emerald to the Regal.

Once the cabins have been rebooked, they should list the cruises and open them for sale.

We started looking last night and was amazed that Princess only had a handful of 2023 British Isle cruises, when they usually offer plenty of choices.  So we looked at choices on other lines and we were close to booking.  I'm glad I found his thread. Hopefully we will see some Princess options in a few days.

Regal Princess British Isles itineraries are now published for 2023.  We’re still showing a guarantee cabin category.  I think I’ll call our CVP and get an assignment as we’ve made a choice in our category.

I agree. TA said not to worry, but I noticed that in the category we booked (BB), there are 288 rooms on the Regal, and yet if you go to make a new booking online, 269 of them are available. Is it possible that there were only 19 rooms booked so far for this cruise. That is around 6.5%. I know it is 11 months away, but I would think a lot of others had a similar cruise booked for COVID years and rescheduled. Hard to believe so few.

• Like 1

The Regal cruises are now available to book.

For anyone that booked the Emerald prior to the change of ship check out the current fare.  We were able to reduce our fare by over $500 each  due to the new lower prices.

FYI, our TA said no worries, Princess will assign the rooms before being available. But I called Princess directly this morning and said that: No, our rooms were now categorized as guaranteed, so we will be assigned at some time closer to cruise time, and that if we wanted specific rooms to select them and have the TA call it in (which we did). Unfortunately, although the fare is cheaper, we could not get a reduction because we booked during one of their sales and got onboard credit, and I was told by the TA that if the fare was reduced, we would lose the OBC. Oh well. Anyway, if your room has not been assigned, I would suggest you either call Princess to get a room assigned, or get the TA to do so if that is the way you booked.

So as far as I can see, the prices are lower, but oceanview is not showing up as available. I guess they are assigning the cabins to all of you who have already booked.

2 minutes ago, Hearts said:

So as far as I can see, the prices are lower, but oceanview is not showing up as available. I guess they are assigning the cabins to all of you who have already booked.

There are no Ocean View cabins on the Regal class ships if I remember correctly.

Goes directly from inside to balcony.

Edited by ldtr

All Oceanview guest on the Emerald will get Balcony cabins.   Waiting for ours to be assigned.   At the moment Deck 8 obstructed balcony cabins are sold out according to the web page so that is more than likely where we will end up.   
Similar move happened from the Crown to Royal precovid.

All fares, flights, promos protected.