Category I interior cabins on Pinnacle class ships

NCTribeFan

I'm booked on the Rotterdam TA for next April (the one that was changed from 14 nights sailing 4/15 to 16 nights sailing 4/3).

My original booking was in a J category.  I'm sad that these ships don't have those fab Large interiors that I love on Vista and Signature classes.

But the "I" category cabins appear they are a bit larger.  My concern is that most of the cabins that aren't HC modified back up right against an elevator bank.  I don't want to end up hearing elevators all night for 16 nights.  I like the location (midship) and would probably pick one on Deck 5, if available.  I'm waiting for this cruise to be on the website so I can see what cabins are available.  When I initially booked, there weren't many open.

Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge about possible elevator noise in these cabins?

Thanks!!

16 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I'm booked on the Rotterdam TA for next April (the one that was changed from 14 nights sailing 4/15 to 16 nights sailing 4/3).

My original booking was in a J category.  I'm sad that these ships don't have those fab Large interiors that I love on Vista and Signature classes.

But the "I" category cabins appear they are a bit larger.  My concern is that most of the cabins that aren't HC modified back up right against an elevator bank.  I don't want to end up hearing elevators all night for 16 nights.  I like the location (midship) and would probably pick one on Deck 5, if available.  I'm waiting for this cruise to be on the website so I can see what cabins are available.  When I initially booked, there weren't many open.

Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge about possible elevator noise in these cabins?

Thanks!!

Have spent 3 world cruises on verandah deck, our door exactly in front of the entrance to the elevator lobby, never heard a thing. 

I never book under Lido.  I'm a morning person, but I wouldn't want to hear lounge chairs being set up and dragged across the deck early.

These cabins are backed up against the midship elevator bank.  I'm actually hoping for one on Deck 5, but am wondering if they'd even put me, as a solo, in one of those, since they hold 3 ppl.  Deck 7 does have one cabin that is 2 only( 7114).  That would eliminate the elevator-noise issue.

image.png.7e02b8d8b9bdf007663498c3857efa3e.png

Yes, I thought about the fact that there probably isn't much activity after a certain point in the evening.  The one time I had a cabin on Carnival that was against an elevator (and the bed was against that wall), there was noise all night.  Thank goodness it was a 2-night cruise to nowhere!  I need my beauty sleep!

Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't, but I've been in I-5125 on the Koningsdam on disembarkation day.  I was in A5127 across the hall.  The folks in 5125 had a baby, and I only heard it when one of our doors were opened.  Anyway, I peaked in because I'm nosy and it was really nice.  A sofa on the right side of the bed as you open the door, bathroom on the left.  Don't know about elevator noise but in 5127 I never heard them once.

We had 4115 on the N Statendam, and it was quiet.  We did not hear the elevator, which it backed up to.  There is a sofa, but no coffee table.  The sofa has the TV over it, so you can't sit on it and watch the TV.  Better than the smallest inside rooms, but not as nice as the Vista large insides and of course smaller than the  R (and S) insides.

We were in 5108 on Koningsdam, and the room was very quiet, although it backed onto the elevators.  We really liked the location, midship .  It was fairly spacious, and except that I would have liked to see out, it was a good room.  I thought I would leave the TV on all night showing the outside of the bow, but it would not cooperate and always shut off after a few hours.  

Thanks for the info, everyone.  Great to hear that they're quiet.

I love interior cabins.  I don't want natural light.  I wake up by 6:30 every morning anyway, but if there's a window, I wake when there's any hint at all that daylight is coming.

And, when solo, I need to keep my costs down.  That little bit of extra space makes a difference on a long sailing.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

These cabins are backed up against the midship elevator bank.  I'm actually hoping for one on Deck 5, but am wondering if they'd even put me, as a solo, in one of those, since they hold 3 ppl. 

I don't think the fact that it can sleep 3 will make any difference at all. It's either a sofa bed or a drop-down bunk. and not that many people book cabins for 3 people.