Testing Timeline Clarification

kapear

Quick question regarding the 3 day prior test requirement for HAL in Europe. If a cruise is scheduled for the 16th, are we able to test on the 13th? Or does the actual cruise day count as a day, meaning we would have to test on the 14th at the earliest? I’m currently second guessing when we tested and trying to figure out if we need retest here in Venice. Thank you.

Their US protocols page breaks down the definitions of days. I know some particulars might differ between US and European cruises, but the definition of days is the same. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-usa.html

Guests embarking from a U.S. port that does not include Canada in the itinerary:

All guests aged two and older who are up to date with their vaccines, i.e., received a booster if eligible, may take their antigen or PCR COVID-19 test within 3 days prior to sailing. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in….

2 hours ago, kapear said:

Perfect! That’s how I interpreted it, but then started to second guess.  Now I can relax for the next day and a half in Venice.

See you on the ship! Got our test yesterday and waiting for results.

I can confirm that I had a "3 day" testing requirement for PCR. I took mine on Thursday before flying to Amsterdam that afternoon. The test was accepted when I boarded on Sunday. Also, if you can, just print out hard copies of your test results - makes document submissions easier at check-in.