What time should the COVID test be taken?

islandwoman

Celebrity's Testing FAQ's say, "

When calculating which days you can take your test, be aware that the day you set sail is not counted as one of the days, unless the country of embarkation stipulates that the test be taken within 24 hours of arrival.

For example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, and you are required to test 3 days before your sailing, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday; and for 2 days in advance, you can take the test Thursday or Friday."

We are sailing on Saturday and have a two day window in which to take our COVID test.  The first day would be today, Thursday.  Can we take them any time between now and embarkation or does it have to be within 48 hours of embarkation?  within 48 hours of sailing?

Another question:  We bought the Celebrity recommended virtual, proctored tests.  I can't find anything in the instructions about the hours that proctoring is available.  Does anyone know when eMED Labs is open?

You can test anytime today or tomorrow (or even Saturday morning before you board, if you enjoy playing fast and loose 😉)

Proctoring is available 24/7.

Happy cruising!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We sail this Saturday.   I took my proctored EMed test this morning at 6:00 am.   My wife took hers at 9:00 am.  Our results came to our email within 5 minutes.  The actual test took 25 total minutes, and 15 of those were just waiting for the test itself to get the results.  I had my morning coffee during that waiting period.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, teacherman said:

We sail this Saturday.   I took my proctored EMed test this morning at 6:00 am.   My wife took hers at 9:00 am.  Our results came to our email within 5 minutes.  The actual test took 25 total minutes, and 15 of those were just waiting for the test itself to get the results.  I had my morning coffee during that waiting period.

Unless I misunderstand our post, you took your test one day earlier than you should have. A Saturday sailing would mean you have to test Thursday or Friday. Wednesday would be  days before you sail, not 2. 

I hope I just misunderstood what you wrote. 

Thank you for your concern, KnoxvilleSam. We took the test Thursday. 

On 7/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, islandwoman said:

We took our tests and both of us were negative.  So we get to cruise for the first time since 2019! Thank you all for your help.

July 14 was Thursday.

It makes me feel like a dummy, but it helps to take a physical calendar and point to the days and count backwards. I say out loud “embarkation day, 1 day before, 2 days before”. We leave on a Saturday and we’ll be taking our test ASAP Thursday morning. Really hoping for 6 negative tests!