Bermuda Authorization validation

7Trainguy1951

I applied for the Bermuda Authorization travel on July 4th and paid the $40.00 (X2) fee. We uploaded our Covid Vax records too. Our cruise embarkation is July 31st. We received a receipt for the application and fees already but was wondering when we'll get the email validation. Can anyone that's done this tell us how long it took for Bermuda authorities to respond? Thanks for any help.

We are on the July 24th sailing, and I received mine on Wednesday evening of this week.  We are still waiting on my DH's.  We will give them a call on Monday as someone on my Roll Call is in the same situation and they were asked to give it 2 or 3 more days.  They can not manually push it through until 7 days before cruise.

We’re on the same sailing and submitted our applications on July 4th as well.  It has been reported that we should receive it a week before we leave.  If you don’t get them at in that time frame call the toll free number and they will push it through. 1-833-570-2594

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We are on the July 24th sailing, and I received mine on Wednesday evening of this week.  We are still waiting on my DH's.  We will give them a call on Monday as someone on my Roll Call is in the same situation and they were asked to give it 2 or 3 more days.  They can not manually push it through until 7 days before cruise.

Thanks for the info!

19 minutes ago, parrothead33 said:

We’re on the same sailing and submitted our applications on July 4th as well.  It has been reported that we should receive it a week before we leave.  If you don’t get them at in that time frame call the toll free number and they will push it through. 1-833-570-2594

Thank you for the info and phone#. I feel a little more at ease now! See you onboard!

Just now, Oceangoer2 said:

Question....are you saying if we take the transatlantic cruise which stops in Bermuda on the way to FLL, we have to apply for a 'ticket' to get off the ship?  This is something I hadn't realized.

This authorization is required whether you disembark or not.  Bermuda has this in their budget through March 2023, so I do not see this going away before this.

Something to consider.  Our trip MAY BE in the fall of 2023.  It's not the $$s I suppose, but the nuisance of application and the fact they require it EVEN IF YOU DON'T DISEMBARK.  Also, no mention of this type of authorization when one books....there may be other locals that have the same requirements.  I suppose X will advise after final payment.

Think of the $40 as a Covid port fee. You have to pay all the port fees whether you get off the ship or not.

We recently visited Bermuda as a family of 5. We filled out our authorization forms on different days. We all received our responses 9 and 10 days prior to our cruise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Question....are you saying if we take the transatlantic cruise which stops in Bermuda on the way to FLL, we have to apply for a 'ticket' to get off the ship?  This is something I hadn't realized.

Yes. If your ship is stopping in Bermuda, based on current regulations in order to even board the ship you will need a Bermuda Travel Authorization. Since it's a TA, odds are you will be tested on the ship prior to getting to Bermuda.

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Something to consider.  Our trip MAY BE in the fall of 2023.  It's not the $$s I suppose, but the nuisance of application and the fact they require it EVEN IF YOU DON'T DISEMBARK.  Also, no mention of this type of authorization when one books....there may be other locals that have the same requirements.  I suppose X will advise after final payment.

At this time, there is no way to predict what the rules in the fall of 2023 will be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Justprettynpink said:

We went to Bermuda a couple of weeks ago...They work on island time (slow)...No rhyme or reason how things are processed but it will get done before you need it. I found calling did not help.

Once you submit your request, they will send you an email saying they received your request and your $40.  I had not heard for a few weeks so I responded to the email they sent requesting status.  Hours later, we received our approval.  

• Like 1