Is Princess booking 100% capacity in Alaska?

Purple Gallinule

We sail on the Majestic on July 30th and are wondering if the ships are now being sold out? On our Alaska trip in Sep 2021, the Majestic was a little less than half-full. A CC person on the rollcall for our trip said they tried to do a mock booking for this cruise and no cabins were available.

Thanks.

I think they are running at about 70-75% capacity.  Remember, they usually have one side of a deck reserved for quarantine/isolation.  My trip aboard the Ruby Princess last April had the port side of Aloha Deck blocked off as well as 100/200-numbered rooms of the Starboard side of the Aloha Deck.

Interesting comparing regions.  I was on the Caribbean Princess for 2 weeks of Caribbean sailings in May and both weeks had over 3000 passengers and I asked for someone about the following week and also over 3200 on board.  

We just completed 7 day Inside Passage on Discovery Princess.  The ship appeared to be “filled up” but despite this, it did not appear to be crowded.  The vast majority of people were not wearing masks. 

We just did the 7 day Alaska cruise on the Crown and though not official we were told about 2000 were onboard.  Seemed less than that...it was never crowded anywhere but once in the Explorers Lounge during the "yes/no game".

Edited by suzyed

The N/S ones should be less crowded, especially with families. I was on the Discovery at 3400 too, which was a big shock after 1000 or so on Majestic in Mexico. I shouldn't have let Crown negative talk scare me off, especially since Discovery didn't even get within viewing distance of Dawes Glacier. The benefit of the Majestic is that it has the Hollywood Pool and Conservatory, which allows for spreading out and excellent viewing areas, whereas the Sanctuary isn't much used in Alaska on the other ships, so if the weather isn't nice, people crowd inside in the limited venues. I also had the unusual shock of going to a 9:30 production show on formal night and there not being any seats available. If there are crowds on Majestic, I recommend skipping bingo and going outside on the port aft section with chairs--I saw an epic whale show of 20 or so humpbacks there as we neared the WA coast, and it's a perfect place for glacier and fjord viewing. 

• Like 1

Royal Princess NB on June 25 was supposed to be about 2,300; SB the following week was a little less at 2,200.

On my side of my deck, I noticed at least 10 balconies in a row without names on the door, and then only intermittent names thereafter.  The reduced numbers made the most difference in the buffet and theatre, neither of which had the "finding a seat" issues of the past (not even the usual embarkation feeding frenzy in Horizon Court!).

The dining room and up top during glaciers looked normal-ish to me -- but I knew realistically they had to be lower numbers, as there were never waits for tables or difficulty navigating any public area.

• Like 2