Hawaiian Shirts for Chic Nights

Was on the Reflection last month in Italy and I wore my Tommy Bahama Hawaiin shirts for both Chic nights. I also wore them other nights for non-Chic nights. If you read the "suggested" Chic night dress, any nice Hawaiian shirt meets the suggested standards. Nothing says a button up shirt has to be tucked in as well. I also wore my shirt with either my blue or grey golf trousers. let's get over this belief that evening Chic night is a dressy night for only suits and gowns. The times have changed. BTW I also bought another Tommy Bahama Hawaiin shirt from the store on the ship.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

I stopped wearing a Tux years ago. Stopped wearing ties also. I really did not know they even sold those 80's Hawaiian shirts anymore maybe buy on line? When you get older and get out of shape with a beer gut it seems the untucked shirt is the way to go I get it. There is lots of dress shirts you do not have to tuck in that are Chic. I am not saying wear a suite and tie. My wife loves to dress nice and she is the best or one of the best dressed women on the ship. appearance is important to us, but that's us . Celebrity is perfect for me but I do not want it to turn into a Carnival Cruise line.

Not sure how you equate wearing a Hawaiian shirt with Celebrity turning into Carnival is beyond me, but cest la vie, if it does, I'll be wearing my untucked Hawaiian shirt.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

It's funny to see how folks act when they draw lines.  On one side of their line, everyone is stuffy or snobby or judgmental.  On the other side, everyone is sloppy or lazy or disrespectful.

Should I comment on the ones who stand to the side and judge everyone else?  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

It's funny to see how folks act when they draw lines.  On one side of their line, everyone is stuffy or snobby or judgmental.  On the other side, everyone is sloppy or lazy or disrespectful.

Wait a minute!?! I'm lazy, too?? I was just coming to grips with old and fat...

Aw, shucks...🤣

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

Wait a minute!?! I'm lazy, too?? I was just coming to grips with old and fat...

Aw, shucks...🤣

Lazy goes with old and fat.

My husband says the polo shirt I bought for the next cruise makes him dizzy when he looks it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

You’ve already described my side…..  🥸

Fair point! 🤣

In any case, they don't bother me in the least as long as they truly do stand by the side.  If they're taking up room at the Martini Bar, well then, we have a problem. 😉

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, zitsky said:

Pettiness?  Are people not allowed to have an opinion?  Must we now say, flip flops, shorts and ripped tshirts are fine for dinner?  I guess you can call me petty then.  Sorry to ruin your day.

But this post isn't about those items of clothing. Clearly the rules say no to all three. 
the Op is simply asking about Hawaiian shirts, which are perfectly acceptable. 
We can't start judging people's style of dress if they are respecting the rules. That's ludicrous. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

I stopped wearing a Tux years ago. Stopped wearing ties also. I really did not know they even sold those 80's Hawaiian shirts anymore maybe buy on line? When you get older and get out of shape with a beer gut it seems the untucked shirt is the way to go I get it. There is lots of dress shirts you do not have to tuck in that are Chic. I am not saying wear a suite and tie. My wife loves to dress nice and she is the best or one of the best dressed women on the ship. appearance is important to us, but that's us . Celebrity is perfect for me but I do not want it to turn into a Carnival Cruise line.

Do you have a Dillard's near you?  They usually have a beautiful selection of "Hawaiian" style shirts. Perfect for cruising!  

• Like 4

Well we are on Eclipse to Hawaii next week and hubby will be wearing his Hawaiian shirts every night. Two other couples with us and the guys have ordered Hawaiian shirts to wear as well. None of them are " tuckers "   So if your head will explode if you see this being done we will be eating at 6. Fair warning.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

Do you have a Dillard's near you?  They usually have a beautiful selection of "Hawaiian" style shirts. Perfect for cruising!  

Tommy Bahama also has a good selection of quality made Hawaiian shirts. I even bought one on the Reflection last month. 

• Like 1