15 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

As do we.

Like to board early when it’s not crowded and head to the Windjammer kind of a tradition with us.

That used to be our tradition too but the Oasis class ships are really crowded up there so we broke off our tradition for that class. We still like the Windjammer first on other classes.

14 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Our go to on all of the ships is Sorrentos.  The pizza isn't bad and it has never been crowded.  We have gone to the WJ and found it to be packed.  

We never did that. We like Sorrento's so maybe we'll do that next time.

18 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

That used to be our tradition too but the Oasis class ships are really crowded up there so we broke off our tradition for that class. We still like the Windjammer first on other classes.

We mainly cruise on “ o “ class and are normally checked in onboard by 11.30 to 12.00 head straight to the Windjammer and never find it crowded then.

We are then normally out on deck or exploring within the hour.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We always head to parks for the kummelweck sandwich.  

Is it called a kummelweck simply because it is on a salty kummelweck roll?  I understand it includes slices of Roast Beef but everyone talks about it sooooo highly?  What else is on it? 

Yes, that is the reason for the name.  It's the roll and beef plus your choice of au jus, horseradish, mustard, or a mustard ragu (?).

I was on Oasis in June and tried it on two different days and the beef wasn't great.  I enjoyed the Park Cafe soup more.  But I have had them in the past and they were excellent.  So your luck may vary depending on the beef.  Doesn't hurt to try and there are other options at the Cafe if it's not a good day.

23 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Is it called a kummelweck simply because it is on a salty kummelweck roll?  I understand it includes slices of Roast Beef but everyone talks about it sooooo highly?  What else is on it? 

Whatever you want on it.  They slice meat per order, I always ask for thin slices with horseradish on each side of the bun and a little au jus.   

• Like 1

If you go to one of the Specialty when u first get on... do they have a problem if you are towing 1 'carry-on' (as I am sure our room will not be open yet?

Also, we have a Boarding-Time of 10am.... when do (usually) Specialty usually open on Day 1 (as on other posts and old dailes I saw 2pm I saw 11am....????)

9 hours ago, Project-College said:

If you go to one of the Specialty when u first get on... do they have a problem if you are towing 1 'carry-on' (as I am sure our room will not be open yet?

Also, we have a Boarding-Time of 10am.... when do (usually) Specialty usually open on Day 1 (as on other posts and old dailes I saw 2pm I saw 11am....????)

It’s fine to bring your carryon with you, we always have ours and go to one of the specialty restaurants. I think they open around noon, check the app to

make sure.