Curren timing on getting from Miami (Freedom) to Fort Lauderdale for 11:15 AM flight

I have a Freedom of the Seas sailing that returns on Friday, November 25th. Ship is expected to dock at 6 AM. I'm trying to figure out if I could make a flight in Fort Lauderdale at 11:15 AM. Do you think there's enough time to get up to FLL if I'm off the ship early on the 25th? A lot of people should be off for the 4 day Thanksgiving week so thinking that highway won't be as busy. Appreciate any insight.

Miami traffic can be horrendous in the morning, both going to and from Fort Lauderdale.  Is it doable, yes, but everything must work in your favor.  Keep in mind that it is thanksgiving weekend and security lines at the airport can be a mess as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chiguypaul said:

I have a Freedom of the Seas sailing that returns on Friday, November 25th. Ship is expected to dock at 6 AM. I'm trying to figure out if I could make a flight in Fort Lauderdale at 11:15 AM. Do you think there's enough time to get up to FLL if I'm off the ship early on the 25th? A lot of people should be off for the 4 day Thanksgiving week so thinking that highway won't be as busy. Appreciate any insight.

I'm doing the same thing oasis sunday march 19, flying outmkf ft Lauderdale. If I have to pay for a taxi I will, but hope sas etc can get me to fly on time.

I booked a 11:21 am fligjt. .. I'm going to walk off asap. Just a carry on.

Edited by firefly333

That's the day after Thanksgiving, so traffic should be OK in the morning unless there is a wreck.  We were just on the Freedom and were off the ship and rolling last week by 8. With a 45 min drive, that would give you could make it for a 11:15 flight with 2+ hrs to make it through to the terminal.

Our Explorer cruise arrived in Miami in late April.   Our flight from FLL was at 10:45 am. We walked off self assist and were through customs by about 7:45 am. We used the S&S Transportation shuttle. THey picked us up quickly and we were at FLL about 8:30 am. We did this in November from the Symphony as well.  I recommend S&S highly.  Early is actually a great pick up time for them because with many ships arriving they usually have lost of early flight people. $15 PP plus tip. You need to make a reservation on line. THey will confirm. THe morning of the cruise they will call you early to confirm your pick up time and give you the drivers number.

On 7/17/2022 at 6:22 PM, chiguypaul said:

That's risky. Miami traffic is awefull everyday, not just on work days. 

Factor in customs/immigration at the Port and TSA at FLL. Do you think they will be properly staffed for the holiday weekend? 

• Thanks 1