Wonder of the Seas - 70s Disco Night?

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to see if there is anybody who has sailed on Wonder of the Seas recently can confirm if they are holding the big 70s Disco on the Royal Promenade again? Its a highlight of our cruises and we know from experience sailing through the pandemic that this has in some cases not happened and others been in a very different form. When we sailed on Liberty from Galveston it didnt happen but on Anthem from NY they held a great party in 270. 

Im hoping that now the 70s parties have got back to normal on the Oasis class ships but anybody who has been on in the last couple of months please do let me know and I need to know just how big to go on the costume and wig!!!!!

Many thanks

2 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

There was a 70s night on the Wonder TA in April/May time

Was it the full on event like pre-covid ie the Royal Promenade packed with the crew up dancing and throwing out flashing rings etc to the crowd? Im hoping so as its such a great night and I really missed it on a couple of cruises recently (albeit it was no surprise they werent doing them then!!).

Thanks

Go to the app

click on the face

Tab in select a different sailing

scroll to bottom

tab on get more details on ships we support 

scroll to bottom 

select Wonder

pick next weeks sailing

I can’t see anything 70s but can see 50/60s  or Caribbean or jazz/funk.  I thought there was a 70s one when I was on in May ( didn’t go) 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happychappie said:

Was it the full on event like pre-covid ie the Royal Promenade packed with the crew up dancing and throwing out flashing rings etc to the crowd? Im hoping so as its such a great night and I really missed it on a couple of cruises recently (albeit it was no surprise they werent doing them then!!).

Thanks

Yes it was, the entertainment staff were up on the stage above the pub.  It was a good night however COVID was rife on the Wonder TA after the New Years Eve party and the 70s night!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

Go to the app

click on the face

Tab in select a different sailing

scroll to bottom

tab on get more details on ships we dupport

scroll to botuom

select Wonder

pick next weeks sailing

I can’t see anything 70s but can see 50/60s  or Caribbean or jazz/funk.  I thought there was a 70s one when I was on in May ( didn’t go) 

Thanks. I did that for a previous cruise and found that so much of what was happening on our cruise didnt get added to the app until we were ont he ship and sometimes only on the day itself. Hopefully that will be the case for the 70s disco as I have never been on an RCI cruise without a 70s party!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 7:51 AM, Happychappie said:

Thanks. I did that for a previous cruise and found that so much of what was happening on our cruise didnt get added to the app until we were ont he ship and sometimes only on the day itself. Hopefully that will be the case for the 70s disco as I have never been on an RCI cruise without a 70s party!!

When you do sail, let us know if they had it and if it was the same crowd attendance Pre-Covid. I agree, with it being busy downstairs it was pretty good just to see people having fun. We never intentionally went to it (never saw it on schedule), but always just happen to walk into it towards the end and it was always a good time.