Canada Place to YVR disembark advice

JENXYZ1234

Hi cruisers!

I appreciate your recent experiences as so many things are from the before times.

Return to Vancouver port Saturday 7/30 on Konningsdam. 11:50 flight out of YVR.

Too much luggage for walk off with bags or the train.

help! cab? Uber? Limo service? Porter? Directions? I’ve seen the huge taxi lines online which is why I am hesitant to say just taking a cab is the best choice.  We will try to be in the first groups off the ship but any other advice is very welcome. 

What an adventure it has been planning this Covid delayed cruise. Hope you’re all doing well with your plans and I promise to pay it back on my return! 😊

21 hours ago, JENXYZ1234 said:

Return to Vancouver port Saturday 7/30 on Konningsdam. 11:50 flight out of YVR.

Assuming its an international flight the recommended check in time is 3 hours although as long as its not less than 2 you should be ok. Canadian airports (like a lot of international hubs) are a disaster right now with long lines, lost baggage, and a ton of cancelled or delayed flights per day. I would give yourself as much time as you can. 

21 hours ago, JENXYZ1234 said:

cab? Uber? Limo service? Porter? Directions? I’ve seen the huge taxi lines online which is why I am hesitant to say just taking a cab is the best choice.  We will try to be in the first groups off the ship but any other advice is very welcome. 

I would take an Uber-- we too have seen the massive cab lines at Canada Place. An Uber will help speed things up. It's way too short of a distance to arrange a limo-- it will take a little more than 20 minutes without much traffic. We've had it take as long as 40 if you hit the lights wrong and theres a decent amount of people on the road. 

But I wouldn't waste any time once you are off the ship-- you may need the extra minutes to deal with checkin/security delays at the airport. We flew out of Montreal a couple days ago and it was a mess-- got there 3 hours early and barely made the flight even with "expedited" security.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Curious....is this a case of "we booked the flights before we knew the logistics of making the flight"?

Nope. It’s a case of not wanting a red eye and to not spend time waiting around. The next option was a few hours later. If it was an hour later I would have done it. I think we can be fine and I will probably get up and scope it out on our embarkation day when previous cruisers are departing since we are staying at the Pan Pacific so I know exactly where to go, etc. But I figured I would check in here to see what others have done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JENXYZ1234 said:

Nope. It’s a case of not wanting a red eye and to not spend time waiting around. The next option was a few hours later. If it was an hour later I would have done it. I think we can be fine and I will probably get up and scope it out on our embarkation day when previous cruisers are departing since we are staying at the Pan Pacific so I know exactly where to go, etc. But I figured I would check in here to see what others have done. 

Is having a taxi or shuttle pick you up in front of Pan Pacific an option after your cruise? I understand and have seen it's fairly easy to disembark the ship and take the elevator up to the hotel.