MSC testing time requirment

kicia

OK, I have another question.

We are sailing on Sunday from Port Canaveral and have a test scheduled for Noon on Friday.  We have a boarding time of 9:30 and then changed to 2:30 with sailing at 6 PM. We will probably get to the port between 10:30 and 11:00 AM.

This is what I received from MSC

For countries requiring RT-PCR, NAAT or antigen testing, the test must be taken no more than the designated time based on the destination. 
Example: RT-PCR test must be taken no more than 2 days before boarding the ship. Your boarding time is 5pm on Sunday, therefore the test cannot be taken before Friday at 5pm.  

Do they really count the actual 48 hours or just 2 days like other cruise lines?  If it is 48 hours, is it when we actually board, the time on the boarding pass, or sailing time?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, xcell said:

the 48 hour thing is for mediterranean cruises....  ones that go from the USA are based on days, not hours, as bac513 and cruiseguyinorl said.

Not sure where you get this 48 hours for Mediterranean cruises.  It is 2 days per their website.  Time of day doesn't matter.  Northern Europe does mention time of day, but not Med.

All fully COVID-19 vaccinated guests 12 years and older are required to show proof of a negative antigen or RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

Hi - I asked this very question of MSC UK. 

We are embarking MSC Virtuosa on Monday from Barcelona.  We are British citizens and are all vaccinnated.

This ship sails at 4pm.  We were told that we have to do our antigen test at 4pm tomorrow.  The test doesn't have to be observed but we do need to present a negative certificate.  (I got this all in writing and printed off should I be told something different when we arrive!).

8 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Not sure where you get this 48 hours for Mediterranean cruises.  It is 2 days per their website.  Time of day doesn't matter.  Northern Europe does mention time of day, but not Med.

All fully COVID-19 vaccinated guests 12 years and older are required to show proof of a negative antigen or RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation.

It's only for Canadians...

Please note that all Guests over 2 years old will need to follow one of these requirements to be allowed on board. 

- Must provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR or antigen test taken within 48 hours before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal.

https://www.msccruises.ca/health-and-safety-measures/mediterranean

Also leaving Sunday from PC with a testing conundrum. For a PCR test it is a 2-3 day turnaround and results are not delivered on a Sunday so that would be out leaving Antigen as the option. Drugstores do not do Antigen around here. I can find a NAAT but it is not specifically mentioned. Agents just tell you to read the website. Does anyone in FL have some first hand knowledge about what they will accept? In retrospect if I said I was not vaccinated I would get tested at the port and that would be easy. Ugh. Disney does it at the port, very easy. Just need an acceptable tried and true method. First time on MSC, so already worried…