Brilliance of the Seas has Disappeared from the Mediterranean from May to September in 2023.

1 hour ago, Jenna1983 said:

This seems to be the case for the Enchantment to Brilliance switch. You can’t see the April 30 TA when searching but my now Brilliance Alaska 4/30-5/7 cruise is showing as a 15 day Enchantment TA at my login. 

And someone mentioned issues with invoices. When I booked my Alaska cruise two weeks ago I did not get an invoice for either cabin. Just deposit payment confirmation. I had to call and ask. 

Sounds like it depends on the rep you get….I spoke to one who deals with TAs and she said it all carries over including OBC. Guess we’ll know in a couple of weeks. 

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Sounds like it depends on the rep you get….I spoke to one who deals with TAs and she said it all carries over including OBC. Guess we’ll know in a couple of weeks. 

Per Royal today, my $175 OBC was wiped out.  They said that WOW credits and such did not carry over to the redeployment.  So worse cabin, smaller cabin, worse ship, and less OBC.

52 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Per Royal today, my $175 OBC was wiped out.  They said that WOW credits and such did not carry over to the redeployment.  So worse cabin, smaller cabin, worse ship, and less OBC.

And you are still sailing?

18 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

And you are still sailing?

Not sure yet.  I have a refundable deposit, so I'll figure it out in due course, while looking out for other options.  Probably 25% go, 75% cancel.

I twisted their arm pretty hard and they acted like they did me a massive favor by reinstating the OBC that I already had (nothing more though).

18 hours ago, mtempelaar said:

My travel agent got my itinerary fixed, back to correct sailing, but I lost my aft junior suite.  Just a normal junior suite without that aft balcony.  

My travel agent got us fixed - correct sailing and moved us to the right cabin.  Very relieved.  He was probably a bit frustrated yesterday with me 🤦🏻‍♀️ But we are good to go here.  

32 minutes ago, mtempelaar said:

My travel agent got us fixed - correct sailing and moved us to the right cabin.  Very relieved.  He was probably a bit frustrated yesterday with me 🤦🏻‍♀️ But we are good to go here.  

Great! Things are looking better....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I don’t have anything carrying over except them changing me to Brilliance from Enchantment. 

3 minutes ago, Jenna1983 said:

I don’t have anything carrying over except them changing me to Brilliance from Enchantment. 

Wait until the price adjustment happens within the next few days then call back (make sure to call the redeployment line) and get them to add any OBC that you originally had.  Any OBC should definitely carry over however it has to be done manually.  If you get pushback escalate to resolutions

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wait until the price adjustment happens within the next few days then call back (make sure to call the redeployment line) and get them to add any OBC that you originally had.  Any OBC should definitely carry over however it has to be done manually.  If you get pushback escalate to resolutions

But I had no OBC. No reason to call unless 8/18 comes and my login still shows me on a Transatlantic cruise.

We have a group of 40 with 19 cabins (11 inside cabins and 8 balconies) sailing on May 15, 2023.  We have not heard anything yet.  Our accounts still says our cruise is canceled.  I did receive a cancellation email on our My Time Dining yesterday although I have not received a refund on my internet purchase.  This waiting is excruciating.  Both my travel agent and I have called and we're told to be patient.  

21 minutes ago, DCL2RCI said:

Still waiting and we canceled last Friday. When were your cruises slated?

We had a JS guarantee for 5/22 and 5/29.  We decided that the ship wasn’t a reasonable charge since it’s older and smaller.  We ended up booking Celebrity Apex British Isles cruise.  More expensive, but new ship and good itinerary. (The kids don’t need that inheritance anyway)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ATG said:

We had a JS guarantee for 5/22 and 5/29.  We decided that the ship wasn’t a reasonable charge since it’s older and smaller.  We ended up booking Celebrity Apex British Isles cruise.  More expensive, but new ship and good itinerary. (The kids don’t need that inheritance anyway)

Thanks, they're probably refunding based on cruise dates - we weren't expecting a refund that quickly anyway. Enjoy the new plan! We're still working on ours.

And a reminder for those considering cancelling without penalty.  There is a deadline to do this, which I think is August 16 or 18, or at least that's what the agent told me.  In my case, it's a fully refundable deposit, so I can take my time.  But for those without fully refundable deposits, there may be some time pressure since there's apparently a deadline.

I had booked an interior GTY so I would not be assigned a cabin till way later on.  But this new pricing some are speaking about prompted me to check.  I currently have a balance (as of a 6/12/22 invoice) of $600.58.   In manage my cruise it is showing $667.32.   I'm on the phone with RCI now.  I have 3 other cruises scheduled.  I love this itinerary ... but again the Enchantment is a step down from the Brilliance and I won't be happy with a fare increase.  Let's see what she says when she returns from checking.

2 minutes ago, Beth and Bailey said:

I had booked an interior GTY so I would not be assigned a cabin till way later on.  But this new pricing some are speaking about prompted me to check.  I currently have a balance (as of a 6/12/22 invoice) of $600.58.   In manage my cruise it is showing $667.32.   I'm on the phone with RCI now.  I have 3 other cruises scheduled.  I love this itinerary ... but again the Enchantment is a step down from the Brilliance and I won't be happy with a fare increase.  Let's see what she says when she returns from checking.

Still on hold but now looking at my Alaska trip for 9/23... it also shows an increase of  $47.82.  I do appreciate the opportunity to be on the Brilliance for this one... but not paying up for their decision to switch the ships.

37 minutes ago, Beth and Bailey said:

Still on hold but now looking at my Alaska trip for 9/23... it also shows an increase of  $47.82.  I do appreciate the opportunity to be on the Brilliance for this one... but not paying up for their decision to switch the ships.

37 minutes ago, Beth and Bailey said:

The increase some of us will be seeing (if it's about $50) is taxes.  Has nothing to do with the fare... and in the initial cancelation letter we received... it is so stated.  Bummer.   But at least I got an answer.  I did say.......if I had paid the balance from the get go then what.  He said you would've received an invoice for the tax increase.  'sigh'.........

5 hours ago, Beth and Bailey said:

The increase some of us will be seeing (if it's about $50) is taxes.  Has nothing to do with the fare... and in the initial cancelation letter we received... it is so stated.  Bummer.   But at least I got an answer.  I did say.......if I had paid the balance from the get go then what.  He said you would've received an invoice for the tax increase.  'sigh'.........

On the other side, those of us that change from BR to EN got a decrease in taxes.  On our 4 cruises 2 of them went down only a couple $ and 2 went down about $45.  Not sure how they are calculated but it appears the class of ship gets factored in somehow.