Oceania on-ship activities and entertainment

wildcats40

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of activities, I have done a cooking class exactly once in many cruises as I can never secure a reservation.  I only was able to reserve the one because we missed a port due to weather so they added a class and I happened to be in the concierge lounge when they were adding it so I was able to reserve it.

What is the secret to secure a cooking class reservations????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

What is the secret to secure a cooking class reservations????

Book  early

You can also wail list  when you get onboard  incase of any cancellations  ..we have gotten a spot that way 

It is no different than any Dinner reservation or Tour, book as soon as you can.  Your TA can help you or a call to Oceania. With very limited numbers, especially during the Covid reductions, the reservations were in short supply. They really are great sessions and we are looking forward to them when we sail on on Marina in January and Vista next Fall. They are always a lot of fun when we are on Riviera and Marina.  
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

Carnival, Celebrity may have belly flop contests, horse racing by the pool, loud music all day long by the pool, Newly wed games. I avoid them like the plague, but it  may be wonderful for those who think they are too  young for Trivia and name that tune. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Carnival, Celebrity may have belly flop contests, horse racing by the pool, loud music all day long by the pool, Newly wed games. I avoid them like the plague, but it  may be wonderful for those who think they are too  young for Trivia and name that tune. 

I've played trivial pursuit since I was in my early twenties and watched Jeopardy since I was in kindergarten.  What is too young? 

Edited by shepherd really
  • Like 2

I’m new to Oceania. We are a group of senior citizens traveling with our children who are in their 30s next spring on a Mediterranean cruise on the Riviera. They want me to find out how busy the pickle ball and shuffleboard courts will be and whether the equipment needed is supplied. Thanks in advance for any information.

Every cruise has a different guest mix but on our past 5 cruise segments in the past 10 months on Riviera and Marina, the pickle ball court was rarely used and the equipment is provided and stored by the court. The court is next to the putting green and the putters and balls are provided and it is used a lot, especially for putting contests and earning Big O Points. 

The Shuffleboard area was busier as they held some Big OPoints competitions, normally once a day around 3:00-3:30, otherwise it was open for guest play anytime and the equipment is also located in a storage box right at an entrance to the play area. 
Especially with family and the 30 yr. olds, it is fun to play the different games to earn Big O Points and then cash them in for Oceania logo gear; shirts, polos, socks, jackets, windbreakers, etc.  trade in day for points is the final evening of the cruise in the Lounge.  
You should all have a great time 

Enjoy, Mauibabes 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I reacted to this. Trivia and name that tune for this person is for those younger than 67. 

No, I think they were saying they are older, but not so old that trivia and NTT are all they can do.  Maybe looking for activities that are more movement oriented?

Edited by Robin122
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Robin122 said:

No, I think they were saying they are older, but not so old that trivia and NTT are all they can do.  Maybe looking for activities that are more movement oriented?

For example?

On the Insignia, they have a putting course, shuffleboard, and ping pong.  Indoors, they have putting thru obstacles, and corn hole toss games.   All of these are played daily for 'Big O' points.   All participants earn a point, winners earn two or more points...

On some days, they have games around the pool.  

There is also a gym with exercise classes, as well as a fitness track for the more active....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 11:00 PM, bob brown said:

On the Insignia, they have a putting course, shuffleboard, and ping pong.  Indoors, they have putting thru obstacles, and corn hole toss games.   All of these are played daily for 'Big O' points.   All participants earn a point, winners earn two or more points...

On some days, they have games around the pool.  

There is also a gym with exercise classes, as well as a fitness track for the more active....

We will be on Insignia for our first cruise with Oceania for 48 days in Jan/Feb 2023.  You mentioned fitness classes.  Do you recall what types of classes they offered?  Anything like zumba or any type of aerobics?  Do they charge a fee for the classes?  Thanks for any information that you can provide!

On 7/22/2022 at 12:38 AM, TBfrPH said:

Wife and I have been Princess cruisers of late, mainly because of our proximity to one of its home ports on the west coast.  We're really tempted by Oceania's promise of better food and the smaller-ship experience, but we love the live music in the lounges and variety of dancing opportunities on Princess  (Not pop nightclub wiggle-in-place dancing, but couples social dancing).  Scanning the Currents that I can find on CC, it appears that most of what we'll find on Oceania will be classical music.  Is that a fair statement? 

How much dancing can we realistically expect to enjoy? 

I see a sizable dance floor in pictures of the main showroom on the R ships.  Is that ever used for dancing?  Or is dancing limited to the Horizon Lounge?

Thanks in advance to Oceania veterans who might be willing to chime in with their experience.

I can see how you might think a string quartet is playing classical music.  We've been on cruises recently where they've played show tunes, 50's & 60's music, and one group even did an evening performance in the lounge with heavy metal hits (I'm not heavy metal, so wasn't my favorite).  Yes, there are no vocals when they are playing in the atrium, Martini's, or Horizons at tea, but they are still quite enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, notatubaplayer said:

I made a calculated mistake and booked a very long Med cruise during the heart of football season on the Riviera.  Is there any venue on the ship that might have a game playing?

That's something I would like to know, as we are booked during that time as well.

42 minutes ago, DoulaAnn said:

That's something I would lik

1 hour ago, notatubaplayer said:

I made a calculated mistake and booked a very long Med cruise during the heart of football season on the Riviera.  Is there any venue on the ship that might have a game playing?

e to know, as we are booked during that time as well.

NO sometimes show super bowl but never seen football 

44 minutes ago, DoulaAnn said:

That's something I would like to know, as we are booked during that time as well.

No, unfortunately. We are big college football fans and are booked on a cruise that will cause us to miss 2 weeks. The only thing we'll be able to do is follow scores online. 

I have only every seen them have the Super Bowl or World Cup final game on

But then I am not into either

Fortunately we have not sailed  during Baseball playoffs 😉