LIVE: Ruby Princess to Alaska (round trip from San Francisco)

PandaBear62

24 minutes ago, RLK33853 said:

PandaBear62 - maybe I missed your response to my earlier query.

We are also driving to San Francisco next month prior to boarding the Ruby - could you please let me know where you parked and how you reserved your parking?  Was the parking garage secure? 

Any current information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

We parked at 80 Francisco. This is where we always park. You can get the link from sfport.com and scroll down to the long term parking link. 

Here is that link. 80 Francisco

Thanks both to Eddy and Masterly.

Eddy - I looked at the Anchorage Garage a while ago but it doesn't have the greatest of reviews.  Not sure about how safe it is to leave our vehicle.

Masterly - Have put in a request for 80 Francisco.  I take it you haven't had any issues with vehicle security/break-ins when you have parked there?

Ray

1 hour ago, RLK33853 said:

PandaBear62 - maybe I missed your response to my earlier query.

We are also driving to San Francisco next month prior to boarding the Ruby - could you please let me know where you parked and how you reserved your parking?  Was the parking garage secure? 

Any current information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

80 Francisco is the Princess recommended parking.

Scroll down to San Francisco

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/cruise-ports-and-hotels/

Impark info in SF is different now & hasn't been updated on that Princess page.

Several months ago there was homeless tents just in front of

parking garage.  You could see it from the ship.

Please let us know how Security is now?  Thanks

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Thanks 1

Regarding parking.  We've had vandalism issues parking in SF in the past (not the cruise ship garages mind you) therefore, we park at SFO and take a Uber / taxi to the pier.  

Prepaid parking at SFO, in the long term garage, is cheaper than the pier - by enough to cover the Uber.

Somewhat less convenient, yes, but we've never had an issue with the car at SFO.

Just one cruisers opinion.

Edited by jondfk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jondfk said:

Regarding parking.  We've had vandalism issues parking in SF in the past (not the cruise ship garages mind you) therefore, we park at SFO and take a Uber / taxi to the pier.  

Prepaid parking at SFO, in the long term garage, is cheaper than the pier - by enough to cover the Uber.

Somewhat less convenient, yes, but we've never had an issue with the car at SFO.

Just one cruisers opinion.

Great information. I bet that would work well for most. If I can get my families luggage to fit into an uber sized option that would be awesome . We cruise with too much stuff to ever consider a single uber XL or similar. Would require the correct Uber Black SUV or multiple uberd to fit our family and luggage. 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, RLK33853 said:

Masterly - Have put in a request for 80 Francisco.  I take it you haven't had any issues with vehicle security/break-ins when you have parked there?

Ray

We have had no problems in years past. Last time parking there was 2019. Will know more in 7 days when we return. Currently sailing. 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, RLK33853 said:

Eddy - I looked at the Anchorage Garage a while ago but it doesn't have the greatest of reviews.  Not sure about how safe it is to leave our vehicle.

Ray

I’ve parked there multiple times since the restart and have never had any issues. It is extremely convenient.  

here’s a link to Renmars page. It has pictures of almost all the obstructed views. 

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins301--330

29 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

here’s a link to Renmars page. It has pictures of almost all the obstructed views. 

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins301--330

while that link is in my favorites and I can see the cabins there I discovered the link doesn’t work in the post. 
try this 

Follow the path to your Princess ship

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel