Covid - and it's destruction of my imagination.

I used to have a great imagination - and dreams of what I would like to experience around the World - and I have achieved many of them with lots of Worldwide travel. Today this "cruise" popped into my inbox - and I realised that I can now no longer even imagine doing something like this.   I CAN imagine that every step along the way - even simply getting to the start line - has a hidden hurdle that can bring you down and ruin what otherwise would be a simply wonderful experience. I have friends in Europe right now who are doing a somewhat complex trip involving multiple river cruises and hotels - they have gotten away with it so far ( except for the low water in the European rivers this year) - but they are much wealthier than me and can "afford" to have their very expensive trip ruined.  https://www.vikingcruises.com.au/expeditions/cruise-destinations/grand-journeys/longitudinal-world-cruise-iii/index.html#noscroll

Edited by bazzaw
  • Like 1

I don't know why cruise lines like Viking call those sort of cruises a "world cruise". I might be a bit pedantic but to me a true world cruise should go right around the world, starting and ending in the same port, travelling in either a westerly or easterly direction overall, and crossing all longitudes.

• Like 2

Is that the same as me saying - all this covid cr@p is doing my head in?

I get it. For two years we didn't travel anywhere except work and shopping centres, which in Barb's case is same same. A simple trip now is more than adequate to keep the travel bug at bay for a bit.

I am loosely planning another big one though, but waiting for Barb to make a call on when she wants to retire first. There must be a bit of an appetite left, which is more relevant to us that the financial risks of it.

Nice looking trip BTW.

32 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't know why cruise lines like Viking call those sort of cruises a "world cruise". I might be a bit pedantic but to me a true world cruise should go right around the world, starting and ending in the same port, travelling in either a westerly or easterly direction overall, and crossing all longitudes.

I agree with your reasoning re the definition of 'world cruise'.

• Like 2

Covid       yes one is over it.......

Holidays  are not the same..... starting to think our Nov cruise to NZ   is only 90% now.....

A world cruise....... Mr Lotto   first and a big one at that      .....

Once one pasts 5 figures    it has got to good......

looked under the bed  and nothing these...  maybe should look in the safe.......😐

The world has changed... Don