Boarding pass

JGB

I believe that you will be in (ship) boarding group F, and 01 means that your subgroup  will be in the first group within the F boarding group.

Carnival uses letters and numbers to designate boarding groups.  It starts at A01 to say A08, then B01 -B08, next C01, etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JGB said:

what does FO1 mean on a carnival boarding pass?

F01 seems pretty far down the list. Do you have a late  check-in time at the terminal? The boarding groups do move along after they get started.

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

most likely the boarding zone number that i noticed is never used

A patently FALSE statement.  It absolutely is used.  There is zero chance (absent a mistake) that someone assigned an F01 is boarding out of order with the A01....5 group.

34 minutes ago, JGB said:

right...will not make it to the terminal till 1:30

By 1:30 the terminal will have quieted down.  Many here recommend those later arrival and boarding slots. You'll breeze through in all likelihood. The other good news is that your cabin will be immediately available.  Enjoy.

37 minutes ago, JGB said:

right...will not make it to the terminal till 1:30

F01 is your boarding zone number because of the later arrival, but like others are saying, you will likely be able to breeze right through the check in process and board immediately.  Depending on the port, you will probably have to carry on your luggage.

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

A patently FALSE statement.  It absolutely is used.  There is zero chance (absent a mistake) that someone assigned an F01 is boarding out of order with the A01....5 group.

since carnival added these boarding zones to the boarding passes, i never seen it actual in used at the new york terminal were i am sail out of. From what i noticed it seems to be port specific as the port sometimes still hand out the boarding zone cards which is different then what is on the boarding pass.

On my previous cruise on the Magic last month, it was opening boarding with getting on the ship after checking in. this was around 12pm 

Edited by shof515

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

since carnival added these boarding zones to the boarding passes, i never seen it actual in used at the new york terminal were i am sail out of. From what i noticed it seems to be port specific as the port sometimes still hand out the boarding zone cards which is different then what is on the boarding pass.

On my previous cruise on the Magic last month, it was opening boarding with getting on the ship after checking in. this was around 12pm 

They do call boarding zones when they are first starting the boarding process. But typically after 30 minutes or so, they'll call all zones and anybody that arrives after that point can board as soon as they are cleared.

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

So they will call multiple boarding groups at a time? We are group A-03. We've not cruised since Covid and when  we last cruised we were given our boarding group when we got to the dock not during the early check in like now.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

The two cruises taken from Port Canaveral since the restart have utilized and enforced the boarding zones.

Admittedly the boarding for Mardi Gras in Dec was very messed up (crowded with everyone showing up early) compared to normal, but that was driven by all the Horizon guests who transferred their cruise to MG when the Horizon got cancelled from that propulsion issue, and there was later-than-normal boarding that day due to some other issue or something.

55 minutes ago, ballarinamom said:

So they will call multiple boarding groups at a time? We are group A-03. We've not cruised since Covid and when  we last cruised we were given our boarding group when we got to the dock not during the early check in like now.

They will start with A01, then call A01 and A02, and so on. Eventually the lines will clear out and they'll just allow everyone to board as soon as they are cleared regardless of their boarding zone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

They will start with A01, then call A01 and A02, and so on. Eventually the lines will clear out and they'll just allow everyone to board as soon as they are cleared regardless of their boarding zone.

Thats what I figured. Similar to precovid except now we get our boarding group number at check in- thanks!