Carnival's Fly2Fun Flexible Fare Questions

NCTribeFan

I'm guessing this has been addressed by others, but I didn't find the specific questions I have anywhere.

I booked a Flexible Fare for my RDU-FCO, connecting in Philly, departing 10/8.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot of the flight I was booking.

I received no confirmation of any sort from Carnival.  I made final payment on the cruise, including the air, last week.  My documents have a page at the end where the flight info should be, but which has nothing listed.  My TA said I'd receive the flight confirmation between 15 and 30 days prior to sailing (10/11).

The info for Flexible Fares says the flight can be changed with no fee if made prior to 60 days before sailing.  How the heck would I know if I need to change my flight if I don't have a confirmation?

I can't look up flights because when I go into my booking and select Fly2Fun, it tells me I already have flights assigned.

Oh yeah?  Well, WHAT ARE THEY?  I've logged into my American account and it doesn't show any flights.  I jumped through the hoops to get to Princess's air booking and the flights I think I selected show up there at the same price, so that makes me feel a little more confident that Carnival is actually going to put me on the flights I selected.  If they don't ticket me until 2 weeks before I fly, and they don't honor the seat selection I made, I'll be unhappy.  I don't really sleep on flights and I certainly won't if I'm crammed in the middle seat of the center section.

I really didn't want to use Fly2Fun but the fare was about half what I was seeing by booking directly.

Any suggestions?

You booked using a TA, so any questions have to go through them.  Seat assignments are never guaranteed, they are just a request.  Suggest you post your question in the Carnival forum.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Edited by 6rugrats

As I noted, my TA said this would be ticketed 15-30 days prior to sailing.  Not sure what else she could tell me if it hasn't been ticketed. 

Yes, paying 50% for the exact same (I hope) flights is worth the hassle.  I guess I'll find out.

I was hoping others who may have used this system could provide some suggestions.  I figured folks here would have more insights into how this works.  I mentioned this in my Roll Call but all those people booked the Restricted fare, which is paid for and ticketed at the time of booking, so they couldn't help.

You could just start researching.

You're connecting in Philly. That tells me you have a good chance of being on AA metal.

Look at flights on American from PHL to FCO departing on the day you are traveling. Jot those flight number down.

Then back track to see if you can figure out what flight on American gets you from RDU into PHL at least an hour or 2 before the scheduled flight you see taking you from PHL to FCO.

Then, during off peak hours, call the AA reservations line and maybe, just maybe, you'll get a bored agent who might be willing to give you the information you are requesting.

I think I know the flights by doing a mock booking on Princess to get to the airfare selections.

But if Carnival hasn't ticketed it, AA won't have any info, right?

Just seems like, now that I've paid in full, Carnival has my money, so they should get my flights ticketed.  Why wait until two weeks prior to sailing?

I realize that flights can change, but at least I'd know that now instead of not finding out until shortly before flying and having the stress of dealing with it then.

And, again, if I can only make changes up to 60 days out, how can I possibly do that without knowing whether they've put me on the flights I wanted or not?

Guess I'll try to call Carnival first and if they can't/won't tell me anything, maybe try AA.

NCTribeFan, I’m in a similar situation as you are. When I originally booked my flight with a carnival support person, she gave me my record number. And I was able to see my flights in manage my account. Flexible fare. Then we paid a few weeks later in full. A few weeks later that information all went blank and still is blank. But a new flight appeared in American Airlines under manage account. But still says call your agent to pay. So they changed my flight and I was never informed. 

19 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Then, during off peak hours, call the AA reservations line and maybe, just maybe, you'll get a bored agent who might be willing to give you the information you are requesting.

If an agent can find this information, they will tell you.  They do not have to be "bored."  I am not sure why so many posters here feel airline employees are "against them."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The OP does not have to worry as Carnival purchases the flights in advance and has a special contract with the airlines as they purchase it in bulk. There is a Ticketing By Date and this is negotiated with the airline that is 15-30 days before the cruise or 60 days before.  When the cruise and air is paid in full after FInal Payment the Air Department who puts a downpayment on the flight which generates a PNR but no Ticket# like a 24 hour hold on a fare  then pays the rest to the airline who then g enerates a ticket#.

The OP can call up the airline giving the PNR provided by the Travel Agent or look it up online and select seats and add Frequent Flier#s and Special Meal or Special Assistance Requests. 

The Ticket# is the solidification of the payment without it a ticket is jut paperwieght.