Thermostats in cabins

kristi391

I will be sailing on the Sky in August.  Do the cabins have individual thermostat controls in the rooms?  I like a cold room when I sleep and hope to be able to turn the temperature down pretty low when needed.

Thanks,

Kris

4 minutes ago, kristi391 said:

I will be sailing on the Sky in August.  Do the cabins have individual thermostat controls in the rooms?  I like a cold room when I sleep and hope to be able to turn the temperature down pretty low when needed.

Thanks,

Kris

Yes on individual thermostats. 

Cold, not so much but cool. 

11 hours ago, kristi391 said:

Thanks,

Kris

Just be aware that there are two systems of AC in each cabin.  I was the Staff Chief on the Sky when it was the Aloha, so I know the system intimately.  One system, that is controlled by the thermostat, merely recirculates the cabin air over a cooling coil.  This cooling unit is located under the sink in the vanity, and any problems with this are typically a dirty air filter, quickly resolved.  The other system is not controllable by you, it has a preset temperature, and supplies fresh air to a whole bank (30-40) of cabins.  They both blow out of the same vent louver on the wall, one system in one half of the louver and the other next to it.

No ships will guarantee a "cold" room, industry standard (cruises or hotels) is about 70-72*F.

• Like 5