Have it all drink package for third person in cabin

Dallas Glenn

We just booked a seven day cruise on the Niew Statendam with the HIA package.  We are a couple with a teenage daughter.  Our booking shows a $100 excursion credit for the first two passengers, along with specialty dining, prepaid gratuities and the drink package.  Our understanding is that the Specialty Drink package (if purchased) must be purchased for everyone in a cabin.  Will we be provided the package for three or we will be forced to buy a drink package for our daughter?  HAL says the drink package cannot be shared.  Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Since daughter is teenaged, the most that will be added would be a Quench package (all you can drink non-alcoholic beverages). I have not been in this situation but that is my understanding of sailing with "kids". They do not make you buy Signature (alcoholic) Beverage Package for underaged passengers. 

• Like 1

We have 1 minor and added the HIA package after initial booking. Got it with tour credit, dinner credit and internet package for her. Got a discount for not having alcohol but soft drinks water etc I think. Booked with HAL directly and had to call in twice to get an agent who understand that we needed a discount since the minor can't use the alcholic drink option.

Your teenager sure will need their own internet package or have to use one of yours, blocking you.

Edited by mamuco
added text ext
  • Like 1

My understanding is that the Have it All package, at the time of cruise booking, applies only to Guests 1 and 2.  Whereas if you book a cruise without HIA and subsequently purchase the Signature Beverage Pack, then all occupants must purchase the SBP.

Check your Booking Confirmation from HAL (or ask your travel agent to send a copy to you).  The details of who gets what is on page 3.433939079_Screenshot2022-07-24101531.thumb.jpg.1d1bb0ed61d0cf2394b9e8e955caa844.jpg

I just cruised with 2 teenaged daughters in the same cabin.  The adults had have it all, the girls didn't.  There was no requirement and certainly no pressure to add have it all or even a drink package for them.

Math:  To add on HIA costs $50 per day, so a 7-night cruise would set you back $350.  That's a huge waste of money in my opinion.  Why?  As you can see below, to take them to dinner and get them the best drink package costs $194.26.  Add in the $100 you pay out of pocket for an excursion, and you come up with $294.26, which still saves you over $50.

I decided to take my kids to dinner with us to the Pinnacle Grill since we had specialty dining.  That cost $92, or $46 per kid.

I decided to take them with us on some excursions, so HIA would have saved $100 per kid.

I decided to buy them the Quench package and that cost $296.52, or $148.26 per kid.

The wife and I had internet (guests 1 and 2 don't have to share).  If the girls wanted internet on their phones, we just simply logged off.  My take - buying a separate internet package for the kids simply means you spend way too much time online - enjoy the cruise.  And save some quid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have taken a cruise to Alaska where we had internet for two, and we shared, no problem.  We get a specialty dinner for two, so we expect to pay for her and for her gratuities.  We will have to evaluate excursions.    She really doesn't even like soda, so water and ice tea should suffice.  No way anyone in our party will have 15 drinks of any kind.  Thanks for the help.

• Like 1