Tips for Getting thru Cape Liberty Quick

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Lots of folks are like you mentioned and show up early - if you go late you won't be fighting that crowd.

Another advantage going late is that cabins are open at 2pm, so you can drop your carry-on and not be fighting with it at lunch or elsewhere on board.

19 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Another advantage going late is that cabins are open at 2pm, so you can drop your carry-on and not be fighting with it at lunch or elsewhere on board.

Staterooms are usually ready around 1pm, but didn't they change their procedures having your stateroom keys on the outside of your stateroom so you can go directly there when you board, get your keys, drop off your carry on, then head to lunch?  

Just now, Wineaux007 said:

Staterooms are usually ready around 1pm, but didn't they change their procedures having your stateroom keys on the outside of your stateroom so you can go directly there when you board, get your keys, drop off your carry on, then head to lunch?  

The key might be at your cabin, but that didn't change the timing of when you are supposed to go there - don't be that person.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

They lock the main doors so you can't get down the hallways to get to your room and the key there.

Just now, hazeleyes46 said:

They lock the main doors so you can't get down the hallways to get to your room and the key there.

They are not usually locked - you are just not supposed to be there (except maybe B2Bers moving cabins)

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The key might be at your cabin, but that didn't change the timing of when you are supposed to go there - don't be that person.

I just got off Summit and rooms weren't ready until around 1pm, but we were told we could go to the stateroom and drop off our carry on even though rooms were not ready.  This was around 11:30.  We picked up our keys and headed for lunch.  I thought they had the same procedure for Royal.  BTW, yes, I am that person.  😉

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

I thought it was 2pm, but maybe it was 1pm or it varied by sailing.

The standard/default is usually 1PM, but, yes, it can vary especially if something happened on the previous sailing.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

No, they never were.  That would be a violation of fire codes.  They just convinced you that they were.

Actually my husband tried to open them and they were locked. He thought they would just slide open and they did not. 

5 hours ago, Project-College said:

Sorry all for my mis-speak earlier when I said '...the last time I went out of NY), what I meant to say was the MY LAST CRUISE was out of NY and...

Sorry for making myself seem like I did not know Cape Liberty was in NJ

It's ok... most Jets and Giants fans don't know their teams are in NJ either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Actually my husband tried to open them and they were locked. He thought they would just slide open and they did not. 

You’re correct. They definitely used to be locked. 

On 7/24/2022 at 12:37 PM, Seannie said:

How does the luggage drop off work?  

Are you driving and see a sign that says  “luggage drop off”  and then you stop, unload your trunk of bags to be checked and then you get back in your car to drive to the parking area?  

With your large family, did the driver drop the rest of you off at the terminal and then drive to the parking lot by himself and meet up with you in line?

There are individual(s) that will guide you to the drop-off point(s).  Also, if you are driving IMO go to the garage first so that you are able to park in the enclosed building as opposed to the auxiliary open parking lot.  The terminal isn't far from the garage building in carrying your bags to the various drop-off.

Someone recently posted that by the time they got there, the enclosed garage was full and would only allow cars with disabled plates or placards.