Do all YC reservations come with drink package?

mafig

MSC drink packages did change in the past (every few years). Since the last change is only a few month ago, I wouldn't expect any in the near future.

When starting yacht club, drinks for YC guest were only included within the yacht club. A drink package valid throughout the whole ship was added about 6 years ago, and it was always like the highest available drink package ("Premium Extra" for now) since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

what's that mean?  Do you anticipate doing away with this?  

As Rudi pointed out, with MSC all things are fluid.  I remember having to run back to the YC to refill a drink if I wanted to walk around or spend some time in the rest of the ship.  I don't know of any upcoming changes, but would not be surprised.  Actually, to clarify Rudi's comment, a few years ago, even YC passengers had to pay a bit extra to get the super premium liquors (JW Blue, for example).

• Like 1

Welcome to the MSC boards!

As the others said, yes, they have the highest drinks package level available at the moment for YC guests which will give you drinks up to $15. On drinks higher than that you'll need to pay full price for said drinks, not just the difference plus service charge like on other lines. Most of the drinks will be covered though, once above that is only for super premium wines, champagne and spirits.

59 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Welcome to the MSC boards!

LOL.😄  Thanks.  I've probably been on the MSC

boards for at least ten years. 

I asked the question about the drink package because I've seen some websites offering YC bookings without amenities, which struck me as strange, because the pricing was the same.  

Anyway, I still reserve the right to ask stupid questions.😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

LOL.😄  Thanks.  I've probably been on the MSC

boards for at least ten years. 

I asked the question about the drink package because I've seen some websites offering YC bookings without amenities, which struck me as strange, because the pricing was the same.  

Anyway, I still reserve the right to ask stupid questions.😁

Oh, no worries!... 🙂 Yeah, the question seems basic, to an extent... Hence my conclusion you were here for first time!... Cheers for your more than 10 years presence here!...

Here in Europe it is the same thing. Some big TA's will sell cruise cabins with little to incomplete or incorrect info. Most of the times they give outdated info (for example reference to drinks packages that have been replaced). Sometimes incorrect info. A few times no info at all. There is a website here that use to put YC inside cabins joined with all the other insides instead of joined to the suite ones. That makes those not familiar with the product to think they'd to be such an Aurea room or something else. Obviously the short-name "YIN" doesn't mislead anyone else familiar with it, it's an YC inside, at proper price!...

Have a nice Sunday!...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

Actually, to clarify Rudi's comment, a few years ago, even YC passengers had to pay a bit extra to get the super premium liquors (JW Blue, for example).

Just like today - JW Blue is €20 in Top Sail Lounge and not included in "Premium Extra" (don't know if it was in "Premium Plus" last year).

2 hours ago, RudiRatlos said:

Just like today - JW Blue is €20 in Top Sail Lounge and not included in "Premium Extra" (don't know if it was in "Premium Plus" last year).

Not a drinker myself, but remember to see JW Blue on the old "Connoisseurs" super premium liquors page on the general bar menu of my last MSC cruises before the pandemic. Outside of any packages even then.

Edited by Nunagoras

3 hours ago, RudiRatlos said:

I'm pretty sure it was included in Premium Plus, I'm sure that was the one @Beamafar previously mentioned as a special inclusion. 

12 hours ago, RudiRatlos said:

As @CruisingFox27has said, JWB was included in the PremiumPlus package (which you had to upgrade the included YC package to).  Unfortunately MSC no longer offers that package;  the highest one has a price limit of $15/€13. 

13 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I'm pretty sure it was included in Premium Plus, I'm sure that was the one @Beamafar previously mentioned as a special inclusion. 

Agreed.  I thought that was what I was saying.  Premium Plus was an added cost not an inclusion with the regular YC fare.  If you just booked YC, you got Premium.  If you wanted the higher end, you had to pay for it.  I was clarifying a comment Rudi had made.

• Thanks 1

I’m glad the OP asked this questions as I am new to MSC and just looking at booking a first cruise with them (cruised lots with other lines).

So on the online booking I would select the bit without the drinks package as when I change to a YC cabin, the drinks come as part of that package and are available across the whole ship if I am understanding correctly?

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

So on the online booking I would select the bit without the drinks package as when I change to a YC cabin, the drinks come as part of that package and are available across the whole ship if I am understanding correctly?

You can choose “Cruise Only” or “OBC Promotion” .. ignore “Internet & Drinks included”..

YC comes automatically with package of perks which are superior and will override the other experiences..

YC perks can not be excluded to save some money.

YC perks are honored throughout the ship, except Venchi vendor.

Edited by SirWolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

You can choose “Cruise Only” or “OBC Promotion” .. ignore “Internet & Drinks included”..

YC comes automatically with package of perks which are superior and will override the other experiences..

YC perks can not be excluded to save some money.

YC perks are honored throughout the ship, except Venchi vendor.

Many thanks, really helpful.

4 hours ago, JAGR said:

Agreed.  I thought that was what I was saying.  Premium Plus was an added cost not an inclusion with the regular YC fare.  If you just booked YC, you got Premium.  If you wanted the higher end, you had to pay for it.  I was clarifying a comment Rudi had made.

So I stand corrected.

11 minutes ago, RudiRatlos said:

So I stand corrected.

Not to worry.  Just wanted to clarify that during one period, starting pre-COVID, there was a drinks level in YC that required a payment above the allowance. 

Besides, not one can ever keep up with all of the changes MSC makes midstream!  😊

• Like 1