Celebrity Move Up

MAGSMFC

I have received an email re making a bid on a forthcoming cruise and I would like to ask a few questions.

Can you bid for more than than one category.

Can you track your bid.  If so. How do you do this.

Can you change the amount of your bid at a later date

When do you get to know if the bid has been successful and would it be better just to bid for one category.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

You can bid on all the cabins and suites , I did a bid on top suites, the only thing you get from celebrity is they will tell you if bid is strong or week. You can lower bid or up your bid . I found out I had went from sky to penthouse two days before sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

You can bid on all the cabins and suites….

Yes and no. You can bid on whatever categories are presented to you in your individual move up offer. For example, if you are in a inside or ocean view, you may (or may not) be presented with the option to bid on a suite. 

When you click the link it will list all categories above your current category.  You can bid on one or all.   Bids can usually be updated or cancelled any time up until they are either pending or cancelled.

There is nothing really to track.   You don't see other bids and is basically a blind bid    By clicking the confirmation from the original bid it will show all your bids and show either  No Bid, Pending or Expired

• Like 1

I considered bidding on a Sky Suite (Mediterranean cruise) but I saw that some cabins were midship (Reflection) but a few others were aft.  And since we are prone to sea sickness, I wasn't sure if aft would work out for us *if* we got the upgrade.

We were in an Aqua and bid on a Royal Suite and got it.  We were not given the option to bid on the PH on that cruise.  On another cruise we were in a Royal and got the option to bid on the PH but we didn't get that one.

1 minute ago, luvtocook said:

We were in an Aqua and bid on a Royal Suite and got it.  We were not given the option to bid on the PH on that cruise.  On another cruise we were in a Royal and got the option to bid on the PH but we didn't get that one.

I don’t want to be nosy but did you have to bid a  large amount to get that suite?  I mean like a LOT?  I am tempted to bid but some cabins are midship and some aft and my husband gets sea sick.

Just now, luvtocook said:

Yes we did, we bid $5000 total.  We REALLY wanted that Royal Suite.😁  The M class ships have all their Royals aft.  Their Celebrity Suites are midship.

Are you sure that’s correct because I looked yesterday and thought I was finding aft Sky Suites?

What ship are you looking at?  We were on Constellation and Infinity, the Sky suites are in the back but they are not on the aft, the 2 PH's are aft.  On deck 6.  I don't know about other decks because we love deck 6.

16 minutes ago, luvtocook said:

What ship are you looking at?  We were on Constellation and Infinity, the Sky suites are in the back but they are not on the aft, the 2 PH's are aft.  On deck 6.  I don't know about other decks because we love deck 6.

Royal suites are aft right next to penthouse on M class , we had sky and celebrity suites on 6 and they were midship. 

Here is a Sky Suite on deck 6, ship is Reflection.  Yes there are some Sky Suite on deck 12 midship which is what I'd prefer.  But I don't want to take a chance and get this Deck 6 AFT Sky Suite.

image.thumb.png.e8324c7ce9ca1502d43871b211a2d510.png

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Here is a Sky Suite on deck 6, ship is Reflection.  Yes there are some Sky Suite on deck 12 midship which is what I'd prefer.  But I don't want to take a chance and get this Deck 6 AFT Sky Suite.

image.thumb.png.e8324c7ce9ca1502d43871b211a2d510.png

Thats the S1 cabin.Its higher category than S2 at mid ship.

You can request a mid ship S2 or S1 if it is available. 

Edited by verizon

17 minutes ago, verizon said:

Thats the S1 cabin.Its higher category than S2 at mid ship.

You can request a mid ship S2 or S1 if it is available. 

When I look at it, I see nothing about S1 or S2.  I don't want the S1.  Maybe I'll watch and wait until that is gone.  Then put a bid on an S2.  It's a Med cruise so maybe not rough but since my partner is sensitive I want to avoid that location.

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

When I look at it, I see nothing about S1 or S2.  I don't want the S1.  Maybe I'll watch and wait until that is gone.  Then put a bid on an S2.  It's a Med cruise so maybe not rough but since my partner is sensitive I want to avoid that location.

The corner cabins are listed as S1 and they do have a few S2 at aft. on Solstice class ship.

As I mention you can move to S1 or lower category S2 on mid ship if there are cabins available.

Edited by verizon

7 minutes ago, verizon said:

The corner cabins are listed as S1 and they do have a few S2 at aft. on Solstice class ship.

As I mention you can move to S1 or lower category S2 on mid ship if there are cabins available.

Ok I’m not intentionally trying to be stupid.  But I see no way to specify DON’T UPGRADE ME TO AN S1.  There is only one S1 available and I don’t want it.

Can someone show me a screenshot where you can choose an upgrade to S1 *or* S2?