Britannia new times for Stockholm

Yorkypete

I wondered if anyone else has a P&O e=mail to say the times of arrival and departure have changed. How will it affect excursions already booked? I cannot find the original times on my cruise details as they appear to have vanished.This is for the Sept.18th cruise.

Edited by Yorkypete

2 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

I wondered if anyone else has a P&O e=mail to say the times of arrival and departure have changed. How will it affect excursions already booked? I cannot find the original times on my cruise details as they appear to have vanished.This is for the Sept.18th cruise.

All the times should be on your booking confirmation. Ours are .

28 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

They're not on ours, just things like arrive early morning, depart early evening.

Sorry ours is the same. Celebrity and RC give actual times. Perhaps P&O can't do that. Operational reasons.🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

All the times should be on your booking confirmation. Ours are .

None on ours...only arrive morning...depart afternoon. This could be arriving at 11am and leaving at 1pm. Not helpful for booking excursions.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

That's normal but it does enable you to make a reasonable guess as to arrival and departure times.

How? I cannot book excursions  due to not knowing any times.

23 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

How? I cannot book excursions  due to not knowing any times.

I have never known a port excursion company that did not know the arrival and departure times of all the ships visiting their port. So all you need to do is ask them, and they will advise you which tours are suitable, which is more than likely to be all of them, because they want to ensure they have full coaches/minibuses for all their tours.

23 minutes ago, Book bug said:

Are you due to dock in Stockholm on 23rd? Usually I would look on each ports cruise schedule or cruise mapper and they give exact times. For Britannia however there isn't any times for the ship

23 minutes ago, Book bug said:

Are you due to dock in Stockholm on 23rd? Usually I would look on each ports cruise schedule or cruise mapper and they give exact times. For Britannia however there isn't any times for the ship

The port authorities have told me that P&O are not posting any times  but they have now been told it will arrive at 10.30 am and leave at 2.45 the following day. They have just been told this and say that other cruise lines usually give times earlier but not P&O! It is strange timing so I don't know what is going on. As there were no times given at booking or on our conformation I have no idea what time it leaves its previous port or arrives at the next one.. We have no timings whatsoever. This is the sort of thing that is making me end my P&O cruises for the forseeable future.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I have never known a port excursion company that did not know the arrival and departure times of all the ships visiting their port. So all you need to do is ask them, and they will advise you which tours are suitable, which is more than likely to be all of them, because they want to ensure they have full coaches/minibuses for all their tours.

There will not be many on the second day as we are now due to leave (according to the port authorities) at 2.45, thus being due back at the ship at 1.45 at the latest.

11 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

The port authorities have told me that P&O are not posting any times  but they have now been told it will arrive at 10.30 am and leave at 2.45 the following day. They have just been told this and say that other cruise lines usually give times earlier but not P&O! It is strange timing so I don't know what is going on. As there were no times given at booking or on our conformation I have no idea what time it leaves its previous port or arrives at the next one.. We have no timings whatsoever. This is the sort of thing that is making me end my P&O cruises for the forseeable future.

Seems very good timing to me so you can enjoy the fantastic sail out before dinner through the many islands of the archipelago, and similarly enjoy the sail in at a not too early hour.  We did the same many years ago on oriana. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, galeforce9 said:

Seems very good timing to me so you can enjoy the fantastic sail out before dinner through the many islands of the archipelago, and similarly enjoy the sail in at a not too early hour.  We did the same many years ago on oriana. 

Exactly what I thought. The sail through the islands is one of the best parts of Stockholm. 

• Like 1

I am guessing you are on Britannia departing 7th August.

In which case this is your itinerary;

07/8 Southampton     Depart 6.00pm

08/8 At Sea

09/8 Skagen Arr. 9.00 am Dep. 5.00 pm

10/8 Kiel Canal

11/8 At Sea

12/8 At Sea

13/8 Stockholm Arr. 8.30 am Dep 3.30 pm

14/8 Helsinki Arr 8.00 am Dep 5.00 pm

15/8 Talinn Arr 7.00 am Dep 5.00 pm

16/8 At Sea

17/8 Copenhagen Arr 1.00 pm (overnight)

18/8 Copenhagen Dep 6.00 pm

19/8 At Sea

20/8 At Sea

21/8 Southampton Arr 6.00 am

1 minute ago, Trevor Fountain said:

08/8 At Sea

10/8 Kiel Canal

11/8 At Sea

12/8 At Sea

16/8 At Sea

19/8 At Sea

20/8 At Sea

No they are on 18 September as per his first post. 

1 minute ago, Trevor Fountain said:

08/8 At Sea

10/8 Kiel Canal

11/8 At Sea

12/8 At Sea

16/8 At Sea

19/8 At Sea

20/8 At Sea

Though this seems not what you are saying re Stockholm.

Sun, 18 Sep, 2022 Southampton Depart 6.00 PM

Fri ,  23 Sep, 2022 Stockholm Arrival 9.00 am (Overnight)

Sat,  24 Sep, 2022 Stockholm Depart 3.30 pm

Sun, 25 Sep 2022 Helsinki Arrival 9.00 am Depart 10.00 pm

Mon 26 Sep 2022 Tallinn  Arrival 7.00 am Depart  5.00 pm

Tue  27 Sep 2022 Visby Arrival 9.00 am Depart 6.00 pm

Thu  29 Sep 2022 Copenhagen Arrival 7.00 am Depart 10.00 pm

Sun  02 Oct 2022  Southampton Arrival 6.00 am

1 hour ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Sun, 18 Sep, 2022 Southampton Depart 6.00 PM

Fri ,  23 Sep, 2022 Stockholm Arrival 9.00 am (Overnight)

Sat,  24 Sep, 2022 Stockholm Depart 3.30 pm

Sun, 25 Sep 2022 Helsinki Arrival 9.00 am Depart 10.00 pm

Mon 26 Sep 2022 Tallinn  Arrival 7.00 am Depart  5.00 pm

Tue  27 Sep 2022 Visby Arrival 9.00 am Depart 6.00 pm

Thu  29 Sep 2022 Copenhagen Arrival 7.00 am Depart 10.00 pm

Sun  02 Oct 2022  Southampton Arrival 6.00 am

No. We don't arrive in Stockholm until 10.30 and leave at 2.45 the following day. Pilot availability is the reason given.Where did you get these times from as Stockholm Port Authority say they have had no times until two days ago when they were changed from 'morning' of the 23rd and 'afternoon' on the 24th.

Edited by Yorkypete

26 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

No. We don't arrive in Stockholm until 10.30 and leave at 2.45 the following day. Pilot availability is the reason given.Where did you get these times from as Stockholm Port Authority say they have had no times until two days ago when they were changed from 'morning' of the 23rd and 'afternoon' on the 24th.

I don't believe the port is now aware in detail of pilot availability in two months time...

49 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

My source tells me that the Pilots wanted to watch the Serbia v Sweden Nations Cup football game, which was scheduled for a late afternoon kick off, and they feared they might miss it. However the kick off is now 7.45 pm, and so none of the pilots would miss the match.

I think my timings for your itinerary are correct as of this time.

Please beware that times and ports may be changed due to operational reasons or ***** ups.