FAVORITE MDR ON CARIBBEAN PRINCESS?

suzyed

The Coral and Island dinning rooms are very near identical.  One has a section held for Club Class dining but nothing else really noticeable.  Staff may rotate table areas from cruise to cruise so if doing B2B and sitting in the same table you may have different servers.  The Piazza is just outside the Island dinning room and there is often live music there, as well as bar service so that may impact some people for some pre dinner time.  

Earlier this year the Palm dinning room was closed due to low passenger counts.  It used to be all fixed time dinning but that is no longer the case.  The menu and service would be the same as the other 2 restaurants.  The possible down side of the Palm for some people is there is nowhere to go just outside the restaurant - you have to take the elevator or stairs up to at least deck 6 to go anywhere else. 

2 hours ago, Waynetor said:

The Coral and Island dinning rooms are very near identical.  One has a section held for Club Class dining but nothing else really noticeable.  Staff may rotate table areas from cruise to cruise so if doing B2B and sitting in the same table you may have different servers.  The Piazza is just outside the Island dinning room and there is often live music there, as well as bar service so that may impact some people for some pre dinner time.  

Earlier this year the Palm dinning room was closed due to low passenger counts.  It used to be all fixed time dinning but that is no longer the case.  The menu and service would be the same as the other 2 restaurants.  The possible down side of the Palm for some people is there is nowhere to go just outside the restaurant - you have to take the elevator or stairs up to at least deck 6 to go anywhere else. 

After realizing that  the 3 dining rooms are available to book on the Medallion, I switched all our dining times from the Palm to the Island.  I think the location will allow us to get a glass of wine at Vines before dinner or to have a latte in the Piazza after.   I hope I did the right thing.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:38 PM, suzyed said:

After realizing that  the 3 dining rooms are available to book on the Medallion, I switched all our dining times from the Palm to the Island.  I think the location will allow us to get a glass of wine at Vines before dinner or to have a latte in the Piazza after.   I hope I did the right thing.

On our May cruise on Royal all three dining rooms were listed as available. Like you, I booked every night in the dining room near Vines. When we boarded we found that, despite being listed as available and allowing me to book that dining room in the app, the dining room was actually closed for the entire cruise. D'Oh! It was a minor annoyance and really didn't impact our enjoyment of the cruise.