COVID insurance

punkybett

We have good travel medical insurance from work benefits, but I'm concerned about cancellation, delay or interruption coverage. Any recommendations for this kind of insurance? There is no credit card insurance if you're 65+. 

I've been researching this for months now. In our case, both mine and my spouses medical coverage does not cover Covid interruption ( hotel for isolation/airfare back home/ reimbursement for expenses ect). It is in the very fine print of our policies. We also have a travel credit card with fantastic coverage, but again, not the Covid specific coverage we are looking for. I bought this insurance for our March cruise, and will buy again for our Iceland cruise. I am not going to rely on the cruise line to cover expenses .  

https://www.manulife-insurance.ca/costco/travel-insurance/travelling-canadians.html?MKT=H76&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5vbrnsuf9AIVEiM4Ch2ARQLcEAAYASAAEgKa6fD_BwE

• Like 1

I have to admit this is getting too complex for me.

I just want to cover the costs of the flights & cruise should anything, covid or other cause us to have to cancel. 

We have travel medical insurance that covers Covid. We want trip cancel & interruption coverage.        We got Covid at the end of our last cruise beginning of June on Celebrity. Can we still board in Nov. Celebrity?

We are 70 so no credit card coverage.

Will the Costco Manulife cover us if we cancel our cruise because of getting another bout of Covid pre cruise?

Blue Cross won't cover canceling on trip cancel/interruption if Covid related

Our other medical will cover Covid expenses should we get Covid during our trip.

Am I over thinking this?

13 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

I've been researching this for months now. In our case, both mine and my spouses medical coverage does not cover Covid interruption ( hotel for isolation/airfare back home/ reimbursement for expenses ect). It is in the very fine print of our policies. We also have a travel credit card with fantastic coverage, but again, not the Covid specific coverage we are looking for. I bought this insurance for our March cruise, and will buy again for our Iceland cruise. I am not going to rely on the cruise line to cover expenses .  

https://www.manulife-insurance.ca/costco/travel-insurance/travelling-canadians.html?MKT=H76&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5vbrnsuf9AIVEiM4Ch2ARQLcEAAYASAAEgKa6fD_BwE

Just an fyi. We bought manulife insurance because it was one of the few coving Covid. We were doing a b2b and we’re tested in between cruises in April. We tested positive and ended up in a Vancouver hotel near the airport. We have not yet been reembursed By manulife. It seems every week there is a different issue. We thought we were getting part of the reembursement last week but they had the bank account wrong. They have been hard to communicate with. For our fall cruise we are going to try caa and see how that goes

• Thanks 2

I have just discovered Manulife will not cover cancellation if it is Covid  related. The reason being Covid is a foreseeable issue. 

Also it will not cover the cruise portion of the trip if the reason for missing the ship is a flight delay.

So two of the major reasons for trip cancel/interruption are not covered.

Blue Cross will not cover cancellation if you test positive or are too sick from Covid to leave on the the trip.

Edited by eltigre
  • Thanks 1