HIA repricing score!

rubytue

We have a HAL cruise booked in December for Christmas. On this last one, we had the HAI package. I was toying around with pricing on the December cruise, but we decided to wait until after this one to see if we thought the HIA package was worth it. We’ve been home roughly 13 hours. Instead of laundry, I’m sitting on the couch so I decided to check. Based on what I could see online, through my membership big box TA, it was looking like it would cost us $480 to add on HAI. I mathed it out and decided it was good. So I called for a reprice. 

20 minutes later, my cruise fare actually went *down* $500 and we got HIA. 

It’s possible there may be another misnamed “semi-live” thread in December! Ruby loves her WiFi!

Edited by rubytue
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• rubytue changed the title to HIA repricing score!
15 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I told you there was a 'Santa Claus

He came out last week when we were at Hubbard Glacier! 

seriously, a guest brought a saint suit and was out on the bow during the glacier viewing. 

• Like 2

If you already have HIA, you should still run a dummy-booking and look sharp. HIA now includes Crew Appreciation and up to $300 in OBC. I think it's called "Book Early" promo? Also said it has something like Low-Fare Protection, but I didn't read the details on that part.

At least for all three of my HAL bookings. My fare for the 35-day Tahiti sailing stayed exactly the same, but my PCC refared for almost $1400 benefit!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 3

We booked at cruise with HIA for Oct. 2023 on board while were on the Nieuw Statendam recently No crew appreciation included with the HIA but a good amount of OBC.   Checked recently  online and it is now included for our cruise.  Our TA was able to get it added to our existing booking without changing rooms or getting less OBC than we did from booking on the ship.  Now it makes HIA a much better deal.  Never hurts to keep looking at your booking for any changes.

• Like 2

Last week I asked my big box ta about refaring our B to B Panama Canal cruise next Feb. adding the crew appreciation.  Agent said it couldn't be done.  After reading recent posts I decided to try again.  Success!  I was able to get the new lower fare,  and Have It All with Crew Appreciation. I did take a hit on OBC...HAL had given us $200 on each cruise, but now it is $150,  but now I have almost $500 in crew appreciation on each segment, so I am happy!  Thanks Cruise Critic posters🙂!

Karen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josie201 said:

I called yesterday to add the Crew Incentive to our Hawaii cruise.  We have HIA.  I was unsuccessful as she said our category was sold out.  

That's true, I always check (and usually forget to mention on CC) that there are cabins still available on the aforementioned dummy-booking; otherwise, no re-faring is available. 

This is because IF you have a refundable deposit AND there are cabins in your category, you COULD simply cancel and rebook. So the re-faring option is allowed to make it easier on everyone. But the possibility still has to be there.

Just be happy you have the stateroom (or suite!) that you wanted at the start, and will have the other aspects of HIA to enjoy!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

Unfortunately, it's only for cruises in 2023.  It does not apply to 2022 cruises.

We called our TA office today about our 12\23\22 N. Amsterdam cruise and received the lower fare and a new confirmation. The person who took the call seemed inexperienced based on the odd answers about Crew Appreciation (If you change that, they’ll have to charge you $50 a day…etc) so we’ll try calling again. There are plenty of same-category cabins still unsold near ours on the ship.

11 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

We called our TA office today about our 12\23\22 N. Amsterdam cruise and received the lower fare and a new confirmation. 

My new bookings sailing 29 Dec 22 (although mostly in 2023) and 7 Jan 23 both came through with the Crew Appreciation etc. Totally to my surprise! Then on the dummy booking, I found that the "2023" promo also applied to my Feb 2024 sailing as well.

So, Everyone -- try it and see!

• Like 1